Complaint Review: Burgess Seed Co.

• Submitted: Thu, May 08, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, May 08, 2014

• Reported By: Theresa — Candor New York
Burgess Seed Co.
1704 South Morrissey Drive Bloomington, Illinois USA

Burgess Seed Co. Ripoff / mis-leading / bad customer service Bloomington Illinois

I received a very nice catalog before spring from Burgess with reasonable prices so I ordered hundreds of dollars of fruit trees and bushes.  I even called before I ordered to find out the size of the trees.  They assured me that by paying for the larger, more expensive trees (when the option was offered) that they were wonderful larger trees.  I was told that the fruit trees were between 3 and 4 feet.  I spent hours planting what appear to be sticks.  I hope they are dormant trees.  To date they have not changed.

At the same time I ordered some trees from another company that I ordered from last year and those trees I received where beautiful with leaves and are growing.  Some of the bushes Burgess  sent such as kiwi and cranberry have leaves but are much smaller than I was lead to believe.  It took me some time to get in touch with Burgess and the customer service seemed to be put out and defensive.  I fear I wasted hundreds of dollars.  I have not tried to get my money back yet.  I plan to wait another two weeks to see if the plants grow.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2014 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Burgess-Seed-Co/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/Burgess-Seed-Co-Ripoff-mis-leading-bad-customer-service-Bloomington-Illinois-1145023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Burgess Seed Co.

Westminster