Complaint Review: Buy Auto Parts.com

• Updated: Fri, November 01, 2013

• Reported By: moni love — grambling Louisiana
Buy Auto Parts.com
6740 Cobra Way, San Diego, CA San Diego, CA, California USA

Buy Auto Parts.com Car Parts Warehouse was to overnight package on Wednesday. San Diego, CA California

I originally purchased a rack and pinion from BuyAutoParts.com on 9/28/13. I took it to the dealer for installation this past Tuesday 10/29/13 only to learn that I had purchased a part for "sensitive steering" and mine was not. I take full responsibility for this error and it was fully my fault.

I called BuyAutoParts immediately to see what could be done. I was told that if I just purchased another one without the sensitive steer, I could get a refund on the first one. I was told that they would overnight it to the mechanic the following Wednesday.

Johnny from BuyAutoParts called me on Wednesday and said that there was a snafu with stocking and that they did not really have the part in stock. He said that he would have to rebuild one and get it out on Thursday.

I wasn't happy, but I figured this would be a relatively quick fix with just one more day. I called bright and early on Thursday to get a tracking number that I could provide to the mechanic. There was nothing posted on line, as was the case previously when I had ordered. The young woman answering the phone said that she didn't see the information and that Johnny was not in yet, as it was 6am their time. She stated that she would check with him and call me back.

I never heard back from anyone and when I called the mechanic, there was still not part. I called again and spoke to a Javier. It seems that the supplier that was supposed to be shipping the part, also did not have it in stock. If I had not called, no one wold have been alerted as it appears the communication broke down completely on their end. Javier said that they found a supplier in Texas, and that the part was $80 more expensive but because of all the trouble, they would eat the cost and the part would be here Friday. He stated that they would be paying the return cost on the shipping of the part as it was their mistake and all the inconvenience. javier said that he would call me back within the hour with the tracking number. I never heard from him.

I am really angry now but think this Friday will be the end of my nightmare. Once again I call bright and early, but my phone died in the middle of my conversation and I am not at home. I come back and contact them online. Finally, I  am given a tracking number and told that it appears that the part will arrive at 10:30am.  Yeah!

My mechanic calls soon after delivery and informs me that the part is a "sensitive steering", the same wrong part. Boo!

I hung up and had a small melt down. I have had the mechanic's loaner car since Tuesday. This is my first time meeting him and I have tole told him one untruth after another about when the part will arrive. I now owe him for twice that he has taken the rack and pinion off the car for nothing. I decided to call and cancel the order and cut my losses.

When I called to cancel, the man indicated that it didn't make sense that I didn't want to continue doing business with them, and where was I going to get another part. I told him that I tend to vote with my feet and I no longer wanted to be in a business relationship with their company. When he told me that I would have to pay for returns and a restocking fee, I really became upset. We both talked over each other for a while and it was non-productive as he was intent on passing the cost on to me, despite their guarantee to provide the right part or they would cover return ground cost both ways. This was their error from Wednesday forward! I asked to speak with someone else and his response was "good luck with that".

He was right. The man said that because I no longer want to do business with them. I will have to pay the return costs on both items or the restocking fees. I asked how much were the restocking fees, and he indicated $200. I have spent over $2000.00 since 10/28/13 and I still don't have a part for my car. I went to pick it up today and give the mechanic back his loaner until I can figure out something else.

I  don't have to continue to deal with them and don't believe that I should be penalized because I don't want to. If this is how inefficient the stocking is, what assurance do I have about the actual part?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buy-Auto-Partscom/San-Diego-CA-California-92121/Buy-Auto-Partscom-Car-Parts-Warehouse-was-to-overnight-package-on-Wednesday-San-Diego-1096376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy Auto Parts.com