Complaint Review: Buy Owner Resort Marketing

• Updated: Thu, October 14, 2010

• Reported By: Ticked off consumer — Peru Illinois United States of America
Buy Owner Resort Marketing
Daytona Beach, Florida United States of America

Buy Owner Resort Marketing BuyOwnerResortMarketing This company is a scam!!!! Daytona Beach, Florida

Company contacted me about selling my timeshare.  I paid $800.  Transaction went through and Thomas (person who helped me) disappeared.  This was 1 week later.  Customer service has never answered the phone.  In July, agent named Kelly Leno (probably fake name), contacted me and said my timeshare had an offer for 15,900.  I accepted immediately.  She then said potential buyer wanted a CMA appraisal and it would be $495.  I was very hesitant because this company never answers the phone and I didn't want to be scammed again.  But of course I did it anyways.  They charged me 2 times on "accident".  They ended up refunded the second charge a week later. Of course that calmed my nerves a little.  After that Kelly disappeared and her phone was turned off.

Three weeks go by and no CMA report.  Finally after several emails and messages left,  I leave one final message that I want my money back and will  be suing because i didnt have the report.  They knew i could do this and win.  4 days later the appraisal is in my mailbox for over $5000 LESS than the offer.  What really caught my eye and where they really screwed up is the date on the appraisal is 2 weeks earlier than the posted date.  Sounds like a scam to me.  DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!  I want to shut this company down.  They have now opened an office in Georgia and are ripping off many more people.  If this has happened to you, email me at (((email redacted))) and lets do something about it.  I lost $1300 and I want my money back!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2010 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buy-Owner-Resort-Marketing/Daytona-Beach-Florida-/Buy-Owner-Resort-Marketing-BuyOwnerResortMarketing-This-company-is-a-scam-Daytona-Beac-651096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buy Owner Resort Marketing