Complaint Review: buycomputerpartsdirect.com

• Updated: Thu, March 08, 2012

• Reported By: Frank — Anonymous Illinois United States of America
buycomputerpartsdirect.com
Catonsville, Maryland United States of America

buycomputerpartsdirect.com Computechnologiesinc.com I ordered a fan for my dad's friend's dell optiflex gx270, turns out the morning after I ordered it there were $718 dollars worth of charges on my dad's card. So my dad went directly to the bank and t Catonsville, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Yep another lie from the scamming company owner

*UPDATE Employee: Adam - Lets See What You Really Did

*UPDATE Employee: Why we're even bothering anymore!

*Author of original report: Re: Another Liar

*UPDATE Employee: Another Liar.

*Consumer Comment: Possibly legitamate, but questionable practices... update.

*Consumer Comment: Possibly legitamate, but questionable practices...

*Author of original report: Update #1

*UPDATE Employee: Response To This Buyer.

Ok here was the situation: My father's friend wanted me to fix a processor fan on his computer. So, of course I said "Yeah, thats fine I just need to find the fan." So, I google "Dell Optiplex Gx270 fan" The first website that pops up is "buycomputerpartsdirect.com" So i click on it, I browse a little and then add my item to the cart. So, I checkout and it comes to the payment gateway. Now, I remember thinking "Huh, this is a little weird it doesn't look like a professional payment gateway.' But, I went ahead to put on my dad's credit card info in the gateway and I click process. So I receive an email telling me that within 8 hours I should recieve two more emails containing the support site and phone numbers for contact. I thought to myself " Wait a minute, something isn't right. I don't have an order confirmation number or I don't even have anyway to contact the company." So, I come to ripoffreport.com and I notice that there is a couple of reports about this company. So I was going to wait until morning then I was going to put a stop payment order on the charge. Well, I come home and my dad tell's me he went to the bank and then to the police station.  I said "Good, this person is a complete idiot" But, anyway the police are currently on their way to her residence and taking her into custody on the criminal charge of Credit Card Fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2010 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/buycomputerpartsdirectcom/Catonsville-Maryland-/buycomputerpartsdirectcom-Computechnologiesinccom-I-ordered-a-fan-for-my-dads-friends-568180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on buycomputerpartsdirect.com

Yep another lie from the scamming company owner

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

Another lying report by the owner of this company.  More fake shipping numbers that don't go anywhere.  There are ripoff reports all over the place on all the various websites and companies that he starts up using the same exact scenario and then calling customers liars.  What a dingbat.   Scam.

Adam - Lets See What You Really Did

AUTHOR: Retailoperations - (U.S.A.)

Label/Receipt Number: 4205 6571 9122 1480 0860 0699 5093 86 Status: Delivered Your item was delivered at 2:18 pm on April 20, 2010 in OTTERTAIL, MN 56571. The item was signed for by A MENZE.

Why we're even bothering anymore!

AUTHOR: Retailoperations - (U.S.A.)

Lets see if this person can read. We're going to post this once and thats it. When you order goes through, we do not have the credit card number whatsoever. The only thing we see is the last 4 digits of the card thats all. If you place an order for $10, the only thing we can do is refund the $10 or any part of it. We cant charge your card a second time or for any other amount because we dont have the ability to because we dont have your full card number. Obviously you got your fan!

As we stated again, you had some virus on your computer or some backdoor trojen program running, which was active when you were on our website. As you were entering your credit card information on your keyboard on your computer, it was recording everything you were doing. The information that was on your computer was being seen by another person when you or whomever was typing that stuff in. Or it was placing it in a file some where on your hard drive that was available for the person who installed the trojan to upload.

If we did charge the card with that $500 or whatever it was, it would have our company name on the credit card statement which it did not whatsoever That means we charged it directly from our terminal, which we did not. Another thing you didnt bother to mention. What was the name on the line statement next to the charge? I'll tell you one thing it wasnt us. There would of been the company name on it of whoever made the charge. The company would of had the IP address of the person who used your card, they would of had the exact country of where the charge came from. etc etc. Its more then likely that its somebody in another country that charged the card. And the company that was on the credit card statement would of known exactly where the charge came from.

Reading your report, sounds like you dont know how computers work. Yous ay "comes to a payment gateway". You never see the payment gateway so how could you know it was one? The payment gateway is from the website to the processor, you never see that.

You make another false statement, it said in 8 hours you'd receive 2 more emails and a phone number. First off we dont give out the number, it states to go to the support site. First lie right there. You'd get 2 other emails in 8 hours, another lie, so your telling me that you place an order at 10 pm and someone's got to get up out of bed, type in your order information by 6 am and then go back home to sleep! wow. We know exactly what is states in the emails and its not 8 hours it doesnt state we put our phone number etc etc.

You had plenty of emails with proper way of contacting us. This is just another post by someone that is just trying to blow smoke.

Why are we telling you all this information on what could of happened, why are we replying back to these messages, if we did charge that card, which again we didnt, wouldnt we be long gone by now, why would we still be around replying to this post. Why would we give you information on like we stated above. Use your brain for once!

Re: Another Liar

AUTHOR: Frank - (United States of America)

Ok, for the last time whoever you are. If you are so legitamate then post your phone number here please. I am tired of you calling everyone liars when you tried to steal $700 from my dad. If you are so legit, put your phone number here. It shouldn't be a problem if it is on the website. If you come up with an excuse for that, It proves you are the liar and credit card frauder.

Another Liar.

AUTHOR: Retailoperations - (U.S.A.)

Its pretty obvious that people that post on this site post false information in order to get people to believe their false statements. In regards to this person Adam Menze, he's another one that makes false statements.

He makes a claim that he finally got his item on April 21, 2010? He purchased a Dell Keyboard from us on 2/10/2010. Was given a payment confirmation on 24 hours later along with a purchase order confirmation on the same day. Was given a invoice and shipment confirmation on the 17th. stating the item has shipped. As you can see below the USPS delivered the item on 2/20/2010 at 1:48 pm.

I dont know where this person has been for the past two months, but the usps contradicts what you say by over 60 days. We delivered the product as the usps states.

Label/Receipt Number: 4205 6571 9101 8052 1390 7206 7602 23 Status: Delivered Your item was delivered at 1:48 pm on February 20, 2010 in OTTERTAIL, MN 56571.

As far as contacting our company..well there are 5 emails which have the link to the support site, there was a sticker that was physically glued onto the package that had our support site and it was stated again on the invoice enclosed on the back and front of the invoice. There was no way you could of not known.

Possibly legitamate, but questionable practices... update.

AUTHOR: Adam - (United States of America)

This company is legitamate.  I received my purchase today.  However, I still think their practices of offering support only by email is a good enough reason to stay away.  I never did receive any emails confirming my purchase.

Possibly legitamate, but questionable practices...

AUTHOR: Adam - (United States of America)

On April 2, 2010 I purchased some items from Computechnologiesinc.com, but I have not received the products as of April 16, 2010.  I am still holding out hope that I will receive my purchase, but I have a problem with their practice of not supplying a better customer service system.  I have not received any of the "six" emails the  "employee" indicated in the rebuttal.  It may be that these emails were filtered out by a spam blocker (putting the best construction on the situation).  I checked my spam filter, and it did not go back to the purchase date.  So my problem now is that I placed an order, I have an order number (3457), but I have no way of contacting them to find out where my order is.  The charge has already gone through on my credit card, and there is no phone number or web address included as the "employee" indicated there would be.  So now what do I do?  If the "employee" would be willing to prove this company is legitamate, I'll be more than happy to post a reply explaining the outcome.

Update #1

AUTHOR: Frank - (United States of America)

Ok, why are you saying that my report is false. I do not know how you even made your rebuttal because the police are searching for you right now. Also, if your website is so legit how come when I go to it and click the "Contact Us" button nothing happens or it comes up with a nonsense error. Also in the emails that you provided there was nothing about contacting you or your company. To add on to that, you can also tell that your website/company is a rip-off because if I went to purchase something from best buy or somewhere else they would give me an order confirmation number in the website as soon as I made the purchase. Do you have any other questions because I will be happy to answer them!

Response To This Buyer.

AUTHOR: Retailoperations - (U.S.A.)

What this person doesnt even seem to say is the truth. So we'll take her reply in parts. The first part of not having any ways of contacting us, is a totally false statement. At the completion of the sale, the buyer is sent 2 emails with the link clearly at the top of the page. It is in large capital letters with the URL. During the whole process they receive about 6-7 emails with each email containing the URL of the website we have set aside for support. What she said is partly true, she did receive 2 emails with the contact information, but we did not in any way state there was a phone number. We have a dedicated support site just for handling support for our customers. Secondly if this person had a charge in the amount she is claiming, then why didnt she contact our company and tell us what had happened, fact is she never did. The fact is she used a company that had a virus or some sort of key logging program that recorded her keystrokes. Once she made the purchase her credit card information was immediately recorded by the spareware she had on her computer. We store no credit card information on the server everything goes to the leading provider of credit card processing. We dont know this person's credit card number or any other information. The only ability we have is to issue a refund or part refund for the sale. Thats it. We cannot take her credit card information and start charging away.

If this person has a credit card linked to PayPal or some other credit card service, it might of gotten hacked. What this person if they had any intelligence, was to look at the credit card statement charge and google exactly what the charge was from and where it originated.

This person didnt bother to read the emails, received them, she would of easily seen it. The credit card statement has our phone number on it and it states to go to the support site. Truth is she or her father never did anything of the nature.