Complaint Review: Buymytronics.com

• Reported By: Bill — Hoschton Georgia United States of America
Buymytronics.com
1633 Filmore Street, Suite 100 Denver, Colorado United States of America

Buymytronics.com Bait and switch of my use I phone Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Buymytronics.com legit or scam?

*UPDATE Employee: We are in no way shape or form a rip off

I went onto Buymytronics.com website and got a quote to purchase my 2 year old Apple I phone and its accessories for $106.00.  Per their instructions, I printed the mailing label from their website after agreeing to their terms on their website.  I then ordered a new phone and after it arrived and was activated I mailed my used phone and accessories to Buymytronics.com as agreed.  A week later I was notified on their website that instead of $106.00 I was only being paid $64.00.  When I asked for an explanation, I was told that even though my phone was in the agreed upon condition and included the promised accessories, because my phone arrived 17 days after I had printed the mailing label, rather than the maximum of 14 days stated in their website agreement, my phone had lost over $40.00 in value in just 3 days.  I then told them I did not want their money, and asked that they return my phone.  They said that they no longer had my phone, and my only option was to take their $64.00 offer.  I checked the buymytronics website on the SAME DAY that they said that the "market value" of my phone had dropped $40.00 in value, and buymytronics was offering to pay $111.00 for the exact same I phone that I had, with the same accessories and in the same condition.  So there can be no explanation for their handling of my transaction, other than the fact that this was a pure "bait and switch" scam, and  very likely is a practice that this company pulls on consumers on a regular basis.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2010 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buymytronicscom/Denver-Colorado-80206/Buymytronicscom-Bait-and-switch-of-my-use-I-phone-Denver-Colorado-648235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buymytronics.com

Buymytronics.com legit or scam?

AUTHOR: jmhelton12 - (United States of America)

My experience with this company was as follows:

I got a quote for a nearly new (6 months old) Samsung Gravity T T-mobile phone.  The phone was hardly used at all, had a screen protector with no scratches or damage, and had absolutely nothing wrong with it.  The quote was $46.00.

When I checked out the quote had diminished by about $.50 for some reason.  I printed their label and mailed the original box with charger, battery, etc.  About a week later it was noted as received in my account.  However after the several days it took to examine the phone the account payment was changed to $42.00 and was not Flawless, but now Excellent.

I immediately sent a message requesting that that phone be sent back to me and asking why they changed the quote price.  No response.

The next day I went to BBB and filed a complaint explaining my problem with Buymytronics.com.

I then received a nice email saying that the technician who checked the phone found some marks or evidence of wear, but that they would pay the $4.00.  I emailed and told them I would update the BBB report when I got it.  Now just waiting to get the $4.00 check.

My opinion, is this company is legit, but they try to pay the least amount possible and probably 50% or more of the customers get a change in the quote.  Beware.@!!

We are in no way shape or form a rip off

AUTHOR: Director of Operations - (United States of America)

We guarantee our prices for 14 days. This clients item arrived well past the 14 day time frame allowed. His order was then repriced to the current market value. We have tried to work with this customer, however he has done nothing but falsely slander us and threaten us before any resolution could be reached.

Our price guarantee is stated on our website and has to be agreed to before an item can be sent in to us. It is unfortunate this customers frustration over his personal oversight has caused him to spread inaccuracies about us on the web.

To would be customers, we are an A rated business with the B B B and have superior customer service. 99.99% of our customers love our great service and how we handle our operations. Thank you.