Complaint Review: Buysquad, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, January 10, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, January 10, 2014

• Reported By: Claudio — Doral Florida
Buysquad, Inc.
1001 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 1100 Portland, Oregon USA

Buysquad, Inc. buysquad.com Unauthorized insurance amount billed to my credit card Portland Oregon

I acquired a Samsung UN60F8000 TV with BuySquad.com on Dec 2nd, 2013 and the price was unbeatable (US$ $1,945.99). Unfortunately, the online process didn't work at first (while the website confirmed purchased had been made, I got an e-mail a few days after to call Buysquad directly). I talked to Steve at X 201 and he processed the order for me. When I looked at my bank statement I realized the amount debited had been US$ 2,150.44. When I called Steve to ask what had happened, he argued that he notified me of the insurance that is mandatory for the shipment of all TVs, which he might have done indeed. However, I could have never imagined that an expense that I never approved to be charged to my credit card would be billed. And Steve never, not a single time informed me that the amount debited from my credit card would be more than the US$ 1,945.99 that I authorized to be debited from my card when I first bought the TV online. In summary, I was not buying the TV again with the sales rep, but rather just making sure my credoit card info was accurate and transaction could be processed.

When I called Steve to have the explanation for the additional US$ 186 billed, he reassured me I had agreed to the terms and conditions that stated that a charge for insurance would apply when I made the purchase online. I then proceeded to download the terms and conditions from the site (as I had read during the purchase process) and NEVER in ANY PART of the document it is mentioned that I have to mandatorily contract insurance for the delivery of the TV. It is really bad when you cannot trust a provider that posts a price on the website and had hidden fees that appear at the very last moment and are billed to your credit card as if you had agreed to them.

After the useless interaction with this gentleman Steve, that only reassured me on his terms that he was right and I had accepted to pay for insurance (which I never did) I decided to send an e-mail to orders@buysquad.com. On the same day I got a response from Mark, floor supervisor, stating that he was available to discuss my issues and he'd call me if I provided a phone number. I then provided the number, but never got a call. In two days I decided to call him and explain what had happened and he said he would investigate and give me a position. This has never happened. In the meantime I followed up by e-mail several times and never got a response. Late last year I called again and he promised to get back to me before the end of the year, but again failed to do so.

My only request is that the US$ 186 in insurance that the sales rep Steve added without my authorization to my credit card be charged back to it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2014 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Buysquad-Inc/Portland-Oregon-97204/Buysquad-Inc-buysquadcom-Unauthorized-insurance-amount-billed-to-my-credit-card-Portla-1114598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Buysquad, Inc.