Complaint Review: Bwayphoto - Broadway Photo & Video

• Updated: Fri, September 18, 2009

• Reported By: posgudni — Tulsa Oklahoma USA
Bwayphoto - Broadway Photo & Video
337 E. 89th Street Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Bwayphoto - Broadway Photo & Video Regal camera Bait and switch/broken promises/poor service Brooklyn , New York

Ordered Mitsubishi LazerVue from these folks. Between the time of the initial contact with "Eric" and an exhaustive conversation regarding price, delivery, etc. (approximately 4 hours) I decided to order. At that time I was told that the price had gone up $400. I was told by the representative that he would stay with original price, but insurance would be 4%. I was then promised a delivery of 7 to 10 days. On day 13, I inquired as to why the product had not been delivered, and was assured that they would expedite the matter and advise me of the results of their efforts. On day 14 I again called and was told that delivery may be made on day 19. In every instance where there was a problem, it always seemed to be that I needed to be transferred to someone else, and/or it was someone else's responsibility. Excuses, yes. Service, no. I'm reminded of a Middle Eastern proverb: after the sale is made, the customer is of no value. I'll not order from these folks again.

Addendum 09/16: THIS HAS GONE FROM BAD TO WORSE; received a call from "Brian" from Broadway photo after posting a complaint on this site. I told this person specifically what I wanted as a resolution to this situation. At no time during the conversation did I feel that he was even listening to what I might have to say. There was two offers of "product" which I did not have a use for, and as a result was told that there was a certain amount as a maximum that he would allow. It became obvious to me that this person as representative of Broadway photo had no interest in anything other than having me altar or remove the negative feedback on this venue, which I considered insulting.

Since that time, I had to specifically request a delineated bill from these folks, even though they had my e-mail address, and my credit card had been charged 12 days previous to this request. I then called AM Home Delivery for an update on delivery and was assured that I would receive a call Sunday night confirming Monday delivery. At 6 PM Sunday, I phoned these folks, and was told that delivery had been rescheduled for Wednesday, and that there was nothing that they could do about it. What I then informed them that it was my intention at that point to cancel the order, and/or refuse delivery if it showed up at any point other than Monday, 15 minutes later I got a call back saying that because they did not want to lose my business, delivery would be made as promised. Delivery was then made on day 20 (delivery was promised from 7 to 10 days).

Again, Excuses, yes. Service, no. I'm reminded of a Middle Eastern proverb: after the sale is made, the customer is of no value. I'll not order from these folks again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2009 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bwayphoto-Broadway-Photo-Video/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Bwayphoto-Broadway-Photo-Video-Regal-camera-Bait-and-switchbroken-promisespoor-servi-496863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bwayphoto - Broadway Photo & Video