Complaint Review: C & W Towing

• Reported By: Jenni — La Vergne Tennessee
C & W Towing
314 W 10th Street Metropolis , Illinois USA

C & W Towing Total thieves and very careless! Metropolis Illinois

My insurance company called C&W Towing to tow my car home. The driver called and told me he could not hook the car up until the bill was prepaid. I told him my girls who had the car did not have any cash and he assured me it was ok as his company did not charge a processing fee. He also said the insurance company covered all of the hookup fee but $10 and the milage was 168. When they got back he dropped the car off on a HILL! My car could of easily of rolled back and hit several cars behind it! He got in it, parked it real fast. Jumped in the tow truck and left. He would not stop to give me the breakdown of charges. The bill was well over $700. Since he refused to stop I called the office the next day and asked why I didnt get one and they said they would send it. When I got it I was shocked. The driver lied about the amount charged for the hookup fee, he lied about the processing fee for the card, he lied about the milage (I looked that up online because I called the insurance company who had been in contact with my girls and they had exact info) the milage was 116! There other charges in there that were hard to read. The most disturbing part of it all was my name had been forged on the ticket!

Yes, you read that right! They forged my signiture on the ticket. I called them back and asked them why my signiture was forged on it and they argued that I did sign it,  and I said, If I called you wanting the ticket how could I have signed it? Their response was "someone in your household did because it's our policy to always get a signiture and I said "we NEVER got it which is why i called"

The driver had gone back to the office, created the ticket and forged my signiture and told the owner I signed it.

The sad part is....HE SPELLED MY NAME WRONG..

The top of the ticket had my name spelled correctly.. the signiture was spelled wrong. Who on earth spells their own name wrong??

STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!

They steal and do not care about the saftey of your vehicle!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2014 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-W-Towing/Metropolis-Illinois-62960/C-amp-W-Towing-Total-thieves-and-very-careless-Metropolis-Illinois-1137997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C & W Towing