Complaint Review: C. William Berger, Esq.

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 25, 2012

• Reported By: StopRescueScams — Milwaukee Wisconsin USA
C. William Berger, Esq.
4755 Technology Way Ste 102 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

C. William Berger, Esq. mortgage modification promised & nothing done; took more money than agreed Boca Raton, Florida

*Author of original report: Berger disbarred, file with Bar Assn. Restitution Fund

*Consumer Comment: I was ripped off too

*General Comment: C. William Berger

C. William Berger, Esq. sent a mailing (unsolicited) that looked like it was from the government.  Berger's law firm promised to get a mortgage modification to lower the monthly payment.  My client had suffered a reduction in work hours and needed to reduce expenses.

Berger law firm told my client to stop talking to his lender and to stop making mortgage payments.  The lender said they never received anything from Berger.

In violation of the Federal Trade Commission MARS Rule, the law firm required $2500 up front before starting any work.  Once they had my client's bank account number (which they required for payment) Berger law firm continued taking money out of the account until my client stopped it.  The total stolen from my client is $4750.00.

The law firm committed several ethical and legal breaches.  Making a mailing look like it is from the government, requiring any money at all before actually getting a mortgage modification, telling my client to stop making mortgage payments and to stop talking with the lender . . .

On behalf of my client I have filed complaints with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (where my client lives), the Florida Bar Association, the Florida Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau and the federal Loan Modification Scam Prevention Network.

It seems that one of the people at Berger law firm contacted my client to give him "some" of his money back or reply to the Wisconsin complaint.  My client has called and I have called Berger with no response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/C-William-Berger-Esq/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/C-William-Berger-Esq-mortgage-modification-promised-nothing-done-took-more-money-th-959946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on C. William Berger, Esq.

Berger disbarred, file with Bar Assn. Restitution Fund

AUTHOR: - ()

Since I have posted about C. William Berger and the scams his law firm engaged in, he has reached an agreeement with the Florida Supreme Court which results in the loss of his law license.

There was another attorney representing him who said he sent letters to all of Berger's clients who might have been scammed.  My clients did not receive that letter.

If you did not recieve your money back, file a request for funds from the Florida Bar Association, Client Restitution Fund.  You can find this online or write to:

The Florida Bar

651 E Jefferson St

Tallahassee, FL  32399-2300

The phone # is 850/561-5600

The request form is straightforward.  The also send you a copy of the rules governing the fund.  Good luck.  I hope you can recover some or all of your money.

I was ripped off too

AUTHOR: kenna martin - ()

C. William Berger has disappeared and I'm looking for recourse for all the money he took from me for my forclosure action.  Suzanne Webb, pls let me

know what you know and what we can do together.

#3 General Comment

C. William Berger

AUTHOR: Suzzette - ()

This Lawyer has also taken over 25,000.00 dollars of our money as well. But i need to let the people know that have been taken advantage off there is retribution coming. I have helpful information on this Lawyer that others need to know about that i am willing to share. He needs to be stopped before he causes anymore harm to others like us. An employee that worked for him a couple of weeks ago was fired and she has called me to inform me that this Lawyer is a fraud and he has other lawyers that work with him that have been disbarred in florida. This is huge these people are becoming rich off of other peoples misfortune. One of the owners included in this has his own jet and drives a different bentley car everyday.

Just to let you know that my house that we have been in for more than 20 years when we went to Mr. Berger's office we were not in foreclosure. We were told that we had a great case against the bank for all of the violations that were found when Mr. Berger had an audit done on our refinance documents. He used the word rescission go after the bank we were misrepresented. I need more people to come forward in regards to this c. william berger. So that i can give all of the information that i have.

Thanks Suzanne Webb Please we need all people to come foward