Complaint Review: California Business Bureau

• Submitted: Thu, September 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 29, 2011

• Reported By: Gordon — Santa Monica California United States of America
California Business Bureau
4542 Ruffner St., Suite 160, San Diego, CA 92171 Monrovia, California United States of America

California Business Bureau Harrassing and Intimidating Practices to Collect Money Illegally, Even telling us to Max out our credit cards and declare Bankrupcy! Monrovia, California

Back in 2008 I was diagnosed with Deginerative Arthritis in my lower spine. I tried everything and finally, after many consultations came to the conclusion I needed back surgery. After several requests for a surical procedure involving an artificial disc, which I had many Doctors recommend, my Insurance company, BLUE SHEILD, approved the proceedure.

Finally releaved, I scheduled the surgery for Jan. 2009. The surgery was a great success and I began seeing what life is without pain. Four months later my Insurance Carrier realized they did not cover Artificial Discs in their policy. So they Retrtacted the payment that had already been made to the Hospital by Blue Sheild.

Then I began receiving Bills from the Hospital for over $196,000.00 and several phone calls. I told them that Blue Sheild had approved the Surgery and they should contact Blue Sheild. They told me it was My Resposibilty and I should call Blue Sheild to recover the money for them. I spent hours and days on the phone trying to convince the Insurance company to pay the Hospital and my Doctor who did an amazing job. They simply said they didn't cover the artificial disc and they would not pay.

I relayed the information to the Hospital and they told me often times they will write off a bill like this when someone in the Insurance Company makes a mistake. I didn't hear from them for about two years.

All of a sudden we received a Collections Notice from the Anesthesiologist for $3200.00 and threatening phone calls from this "California Business Bureau" telling me that I am responsible for the $196,000.00 and they may be able to "Give us a Deal" and only charge us $10,000.00

My wife is on the verge of a Nearvous Breakdown over the Harrassing Phone calls and yesterday the woman named Jennefer Ramos called to inform us that they now need to collect $21,450.49 by the end of the week (tomorrow) or they will send us to collections for the entire amount. She even suggested we max out our Credit Cards to pay them off and then declare Bankrupcy! What kind of madness is this?

They have somehow gotten all of our personal information and even my cell phone number, which I never gave them and continue to call once or twice a day to inform us that they are going to ruin our credit.

At this point I am looking for an attorney to file a Lawsuit against this Harrassing Company along with Motion Picture and also the Anesthesiologist and maybe even Blue Sheild.  Is this Company that harrasses and threatens people sanctioned by the State of California? This really makes me DAMNED MAD!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Business-Bureau/Monrovia-California-/California-Business-Bureau-Harrassing-and-Intimidating-Practices-to-Collect-Money-Illegal-783044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Business Bureau