Complaint Review: California Family Fitness

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: the goddess — sacramento California
California Family Fitness
3880 Innovator Dr. sacramento, California USA

California Family Fitness Name: California Family Fitness Address: 3880 Innovator Dr. City: Sacramento State: California Zip/Postal Code: 95834 debit card charges without permission sacramento California

Description of Complaint: I visited the California Family Fitness Natomas location to join the gym to get healthy with my husband and kids. They offered me an awesome deal. I pay 59.99 a month single and 109.99 for a family of four. this includes admission to the Kids Club which is daycare for kids while the parents work out. great right!! and on top of that offered my husband and kids 30days free and all I would pay is first month and last month for myself then after 30days the normal 109.99 would apply...Sign me up that's great.(now last year I had been a member of the club and I stop going and was billed for months I didn't use the service but according to the gym I had an old balance so they were willing to forgive the debt with paid membership)me and my husband have separate bank accounts so we split the payments on two separate card transactions. which caused an issue with the system but according to the manager everything went thru correctly. Hubby paid 64.99 and I paid 64.98 and we left the gym later that night with a new gym card for me and my hubby.

the next night I get an email from my bank showing a charge to my debit card that was onfile with California Family Fitness for 129.99 in addition to my pending charge of 64.98. I contact CFF and they said that they only see the charge for 129.99..ok now there is a problem apparently the rep who signed us up and did not process the membership correctly. I asked why I wasn't called and they had no answers. I was also told that I needed to pay an additional 49.99 because the sales rep forgot to charge me a processing fee which can normally be waived. Frustrated with the lack of answers for the CFF club location I contacted corporate who said that they could refund me for 14.00 if the 64.98 charge processes or I will need to pay an additional 49.99 if no they will cancel account.IF YOU INCORRECTLY BILL ME, CHARGE MY ACCOUNT UNAUTHORIZED. THEN ASK FOR MONEY WHEN MY ACCOUNT IS OVERDRAWN BECAUSSE YOU ARE HOLDING MY FUNDS HOW DARE YOU. very upset for the theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/California-Family-Fitness/sacramento-California-95834/California-Family-Fitness-Name-California-Family-Fitness-Address-3880-Innovator-Dr-Cit-1138881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on California Family Fitness