• Report: #1131947

• Submitted: Wed, March 19, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, March 19, 2014

• Reported By: Alicia — Manhattan Alabama
5001 Calypso Cay Way Kissimmee, Florida USA

CALYPSO CAY, SUITES and INN This is a BAIT and SWITCH SCAM and it seems impossible to get a refund. DONT TAKE A CHANCE Kissimmee Florida

I was cold called to promote a Time Share opportnuity. I had just come home from Aruba and thought it was the legitimate company I had spoken with so I was excited to tour their property. I was promised 2 bedroom/2 bathroom accomodations along with a 2 night stay in Dayton, 2 days in Miami and 2 days in Cancun. It sounded like a sweet deal.

Shortly after I called to make reservations and nothing was availabe for the many dates I requested.I also started to inquire about the accomodations in Daytona, Miami and Cancun. The clerk became uncomfortable and could not provide that info. I became nervous and called my credit card to dispute the charges. It was not possible.

Next I planned to take my children for spring break and hope for the best. I made a reservation and for soem reason looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor and learned that the place was a dump, was being investigated and had bed bugs. I was horrified but the reservation was made. I called the resort and was promised clean, safe and accomodations in a hotel not at Calypso Cay. I called the night before I left to confirm everything was set. It wasnt. When I arrived the Calypso CAy was a 1 star motel complex not the beautiful 5 star resort I was promised. It was the old BAIT AND SWITCH. I was told that I could not see a room before giving my credit card and ID. I asked to speak to a manager and was escorted to an unkept private room far from the lobby. The woman (who was not the manager) told me she could not show me a room or return my money. She brought the next manager who told me the same thing and became very aggressive.

I was not given correct information about thei place and then learned it was a scam by googling more information. Many people have been cheated out of money.

Please see reviews at Trip Advisor and read the article about this place as a bait and switch money making operation

there are many more as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CALYPSO-CAY-SUITES-and-INN/Kissimmee-Florida-34746/CALYPSO-CAY-SUITES-and-INN-This-is-a-BAIT-and-SWITCH-SCAM-and-it-seems-impossible-to-get-1131947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CALYPSO CAY, SUITES and INN