Complaint Review: Camden Military Academy

• Updated: Fri, December 20, 2013

• Reported By: Doug Marsden, USN (Ret) — Camden South Carolina
Camden Military Academy
520 US Hwy 1N Camden, South Carolina USA

Camden Military Academy This is my community, not simply my work environment Camden South Carolina

I have been an instructor at Camden Military Academy (CMA) since 1997. Each year since has proven to me that my move here was the best decision I could have made. I could not ask for a place to provide greater job satisfaction than CMA's academic environment.

Nearly half of my fellow instructors have been here even longer. In my time here I have seen the faculty and staff remain remarkably consistent. Over a dozen of my fellow members are military retirees with decades each of experience serving here. And when I say "serving" I mean it in the most formal, professional sense. We are here as service members doing our best from sunrise to long after "taps" to insure that every student is safe, instructed, mentored, and presented with an example of the person he should aspire to become. I would not have remained here this long if it were otherwise.

None of us are here simply "for the paycheck." We're here for the opportunity to teach -- more importantly, to participate in the learning environment that we have a chance to be a part of.

CMA is a small community, and that is one its greatest assets. In its best school year it accommodates no more than 300 students grades 7-12. There is no desire to grow any larger since to do so might jeopardize its inherent ability to maintain a close, personal relationship with each and every young man placed in its charge.

This school may not be the place for every young man. There are some who can not adapt to the structure, discipline, and inherent concern that CMA affords each of it charges. But I promise you as a longstanding member of its community, Camden Military Academy will do everything possible to provide your son a safe, nurturing environment to grow, learn, and achieve.

I welcome responsible rebuttal. And to all of my fellow students, I thank those hundreds of you who have remained in touch and wish the very best to all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camden-Military-Academy/Camden-South-Carolina-29020/Camden-Military-Academy-This-is-my-community-not-simply-my-work-environment-Camden-South-1108393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camden Military Academy