Complaint Review: Camelback kia

• Updated: Sat, September 14, 2013

• Reported By: Aaron Haynes — Phoenix Arizona
Camelback kia
2223 W Camelback Rd Phoenix, AZ 85015 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Camelback kia The GM decided to change the deal and took my car from me. Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Did you sign over the title to the dealership?

A few months ago my wife and I had been wanting new cars.  My wife had her heart set on a Kia Sorento and I just wanted a newer sedan.  I had done some shopping and Labor Day weekend had been coming up and I knew there would be some great deals.  On my quest for a newer sedan I shopped about 5 dealerships.  I really liked the sales person at Right Honda so I made an appointment with him to get a 2011 Honda Accord.  The appointment was for later in the afternoon so my wife and I drove to Camelback Kia based on a reference to get her car first.

She picked out the car she wanted and with it being the Holiday sales event the deal took longer than expected.  I was considering what I wanted to do in front of the sales person, MJ.  MJ asked me if I would consider a Kia Optima and I hated to go sit at another dealership for 4 hours so I agreed to try an Optima.  I liked the car and we proceeded to see if the numbers would work.  After the first round of negotiations the sales person came back and showed me the numbers.  The numbers were not too close so the sales person said he needed to get me more for the trade in.  At this point MJ asked me, “How is the car?”.  He didn’t look at me he when he asked he was focused on the paper with the numbers.  I replied to him, “It has some oxidation worse than the first car I brought him and a small oil leak other than that I believe its good.  It still drives great”.   MJ just flicked his hand at me without looking at me.  To me he acted like the things I mentioned did not matter, but I really felt like he was not even listening to me.  We went back and forth a little bit more and we came to an agreement…or so I thought.

I wanted a grey interior.  It was quite an ordeal to get what I wanted, but 2 days later MJ and another person George brought me a car and took my trade-in.  It ended up being more of a car than I had first agreed on (It had uvo and back up camera), but MJ said, “We just made the numbers come out the same anyway.” MJ and George came back to my house the next day because they forgot to get a temporary license plate and never mentioned anything about my trade-in.  About 10 days later I received a call from the Frank Ruiz at the dealership, he told me I had to come down there, and to put more money down.  They had decided that my car was worth less than they had originally appraised it for.   Remember 2 sales people came to my house originally and they came back to my house the next day.  The sales reps said nothing about the trade in either time.

I told them that I did not have any more money to put down, but I drove down there to understand what was going on.  I told them I did not have any more money.  They said that the car was badly damaged and it needed a paint job.  I explained that I told the sales person that the car was oxidized, had an oil leak, and he did not seem to care.  As far as the other damage I am not sure what they were referring too as I am not a car person.  The car (to me) runs fine and still does.  The worse person I had to deal with was Darlene Pizano.  She was condescending to me when I told her I was not aware of any damage.  She kept asking me if I was saying that the dealership did the damage.  One other statement was, “OH so you don’t drive the car.”  I finally had to ask why she was talking to me like the way she was and that I was not saying anything other than I didn’t know what damage they were talking about whether it was at the dealership or at my house.  Still to this day they will not even tell me what damage they are talking about.  I am wondering if they damaged something and they are putting it on me now.

Finally, the GM Robert Revere came into the office and said,” We are going to take the car back and give you your car.  Your car is out front.”  The dealership had taken my license plate off and put on a temp plate which means I now have to get a new one from the dmv.  I admit I was being naïve and not knowing the legalities of everything I felt I had to agree because I did not have any more money.  As I was driving home I felt like something was not right.  We have a signed contract that they would give me a new car and they would take my car as a trade in.  When I left they did not have me sign anything to the contrary.  Then I thought well what if I wanted to return my wife’s car after 10 days would they take it back?  Of course they would not take it back.  They would tell me tough, right.  What allows them to bully me into taking my car back?  I told them to the best of my knowledge the status of the car and they agreed to the deal sight unseen.  I am not an expert in cars, they are.  That’s why they have appraisers.  I was in their dealership for my wife and they made me an offer when I told them I had an appointment elsewhere.

Now I am being told that because of the signed contract I am obligated to the vehicle and that I do not own the car I tried to trade in because I signed it over to the dealership.  I tried talking to the GM Robert again, but he just talked over me telling him I owe them more money.  This really does not feel right and I am told that this could be fraud.  At the very least this is not how to handle business.

From what I have been told I have not done anything wrong.  The sales reps took the car and came back to my house the next day without a word about anything.  I have decided to seek council and contact the attorney general.  Please if you have any feedback on this leave a comment below.  I would like to know what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Camelback-kia/Phoenix-Arizona-85015/Camelback-kia-The-GM-decided-to-change-the-deal-and-took-my-car-from-me-Phoenix-Arizona-1084577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Camelback kia

Did you sign over the title to the dealership?

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

If you signed it over to the dealer, you need to get it back into your name.

The dealer clearly ran the old "spot delivery" scam on you. In this case, as long as you get the title to your car back, you probably ended up the winner because you will have nothing but issues with a KIA. IME they are the worst vehicles mechanically on the market and any repair expense is way out of the norm. I digressed a little from my original point.

The most important thing for you is to chase down your title and make sure you have it back in your name. Get an attorney to help you if you can't get the dealer to get it to you by now. Not the attorney general, an actual working attorney to work on your behalf to get your title back.