Complaint Review: camera expo electronics

• Updated: Sun, May 01, 2011

• Reported By: mango — s.i. New York United States of America
camera expo electronics
8135 vineland ave Orlando, Florida United States of America

camera expo electronics Rip-Off Electronics Store-next to Publics Orlando, Florida

BEWARE VACATIONERS-
While shopping for food at Public we decided to see if this Expo Store had some accessories fotr our new Rebel Camera. They were very nice and informative. I know very little about these SLR cameras.
He showed me a flash and some filters. he said wait on the flash ,but filters were a must . One was for scratch protection and the other was for glare and reflections.

Here is where the scam starts. he said the scan for 250 but could do both for 150. It sounded high,and normally anything I buy over $30 I always price check. But being on vaca and the convience, I said what the heck. I had to find my wife ,by now she was next door(stay away from there also- a sovenior shop) and told the guy I be right back.

He practically pulled me back in store and said,you NYers are tough, hows $ both. I said wow ,ok I wasnt even back to resort and called a friend.He said dummy those are like $12 filters online.
we turned around.

Of course in big letters - No refunds or exchanges. I told him at least let me exchange for something closer to my $$$ value. He said why this are top quality filters and the ones on line are plastic not glass. I did extensive research and found the exact filters for $30 for both-Thats like 300% mark-up.

All and all- these guys pray on tourists-If I wasnt with family- I would have parked out front with a 12 pack and stopped every customer from this scam-all other reports on this sight reported the same

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2011 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/camera-expo-electronics/Orlando-Florida-32821/camera-expo-electronics-Rip-Off-Electronics-Store-next-to-Publics-Orlando-Florida-724208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on camera expo electronics