Complaint Review: camping world

• Updated: Fri, April 20, 2012

• Reported By: warren — brentwood New Hampshire United States of America
camping world
165 dover rd chichester, New Hampshire United States of America

camping world doug stape gm dennis walsh salesman unscrupilous and deceptive sales habbits, absolutely no compassion for unknowing customers chichester, New Hampshire

*Consumer Comment: Big mistake.

after spending more than four hours with my wife and 2 year old grandaughter at campers world in chichester nh with dennis walsh the salesman everyone was tired and we were ushered into the sales office to do some paper work the finance manager just took his sweet time preparing the paper work   my wife had steted on several occasions that we were not sure we were making the right decision  we stated that we would possibly return to take a second look they wouldnt hear of it we signed a contract under duress [and who would at that point read the whole contract] we were never told that there was no grace period until the very first business day later when I called to cancel I was told we owned it I stated that it would be a financial burden on us I am a 100% disabled american vet with a fixed income still the response was you own it  I contacted the attorney generals office in nh and was told that yes the contract was bindind however upon my request the gm or owner could declare the contract null and void they wouldnt hear of it once again  these people take advantage of anyone they can and have no compassion for humanity greed leads their life now they are threatening to sue for damages  damages to what I do not have posession of nor will I take posession of this trailer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/camping-world/chichester-New-Hampshire-03258/camping-world-doug-stape-gm-dennis-walsh-salesman-unscrupilous-and-deceptive-sales-habbit-871272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on camping world

Big mistake.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"   my wife had steted on several occasions that we were not sure we were making the right decision  "

At which point you could have said goodbye and left.

" we signed a contract under duress  "

A contract signed under duress is not enforceable.   Unfortunately, you failed to say what they used to threaten you.  Knife? Gun?

" and who would at that point read the whole contract]  "

Are you serious?  I would wonder the opposite.   Who WOULDN'T read what they were agreeing to?   The contract is everything in this deal.   If you don't know what's in it, how do you know if you agree?

" we were never told that there was no grace period until the very first business day later when I called to cancel "

Why would you assume that there was a grace period?   This is not something that is common in purchase contracts.

" I stated that it would be a financial burden on us I am a 100% disabled american vet with a fixed income still the response was you own it  "

I don't understand this part.   What were you doing shopping for an RV that you can't afford?

I have no doubt that you were up against some fast talking sales people, but they are common at any place that sells vehicles.  What you describe is regrettable, but it was entirely up to you to reject the deal and walk out.   When it comes to contracts, there are rarely any "do overs".