Complaint Review: Canarsie Dental

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Canarsie Dental
1761 Rockaway Parkway Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Canarsie Dental Having medicad does not mean you cannot ask questions or be concerned Brooklyn New York

A new dentist opened in my former dentists' space so I decided to use its' services. I was instructed to give basic information and sign a document no other dentist I ever asked of me, a "consent for use". The disclosure stated: You have the right to read our Notice of Privacy Practices before you decide whether to sign this consent. I asked to read the Notice of Privacy the desk clerk became very defensive and called the dentist to confront me. The dentist stated roughly "you must sign or you will not be seen that the bottom line".

I asked what was the purpose of having rights if they are not enforced. Then the dentist explained that the consent was mandatory by HIPPA. I explained, HIPPA is not noted or sited anywhere in this consent form. Then he the dentist gave me another document with the regulations of HIPPA. I explained the consent form has nothing to do with the HIPPA regulations for if it did he would honor the fact that I had the right to read the Notice of Privacy Practices without hestitation, harassment or disrespect.

I was immediately called to the back, x-rayed. The dentist then came in the room speaking to me as if I was a child,"Don't ever do that again this a busy place no one cares, every one signs". I stated "before I am bullied or intimidated by someone who makes their living serving the public, I will say good bye". The dentist then asked,"Do you see how busy I am I do not have time for people like you". I immediately left with the HIPPA and consent documents in hand.

This was the worst experience I have ever encountered from a professional.

Sophy
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Canarsie-Dental/Brooklyn-New-York-11236/Canarsie-Dental-Having-medicad-does-not-mean-you-cannot-ask-questions-or-be-concerned-Broo-393591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Canarsie Dental