Complaint Review: Capella University

• Reported By: jesteves — Chowchilla California
Capella University
Capella Tower 225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Capella University NOT Veteran Friendly Minneapolis Minnesota

I am a Veteran. It all started when I decided I wanted to change schools because Capella is not AACSB certified.

I contacted my Vocational Rehabilitation counselor and we set everything in motion. I did the proper research, contacted over 50 schools and found only one school that fit my needs completely. I applied and requested my transcripts from Capella.

Capella (according to them) did not send my paperwork to my counselor until September 27th and she subsequently sent the payment on November 6th. It takes at least 30-45 days for the checks to clear. My account is now well overdue.

When a school signs the paperwork certifying that a veteran is enrolled in courses at a school, there is a part of the contract stating that the school will not hold transcripts and will not hold the veteran responsible for the past due amount. Today (Dec 13 2013) was the last day for me to send in my transcript to my chosen school after a week extension. Capella still refuses to release my transcripts.

I will not be able to go to school next semester. This means that I will lose over $900 in income per month and I will not be able to afford to stay in the rental we just signed a lease for last month. I will also lose time that I would have had to find a job after receiving my diploma further hurting me financially.

To top it all off, Capella will not allow Veterans to speak with the certifying official. The certifying official is supposed to be there for the veterans and act on behalf of the veteran. No one I have spoken too, including my Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, has heard of this happening before. Capella is not Veteran Friendly and should be avoided at all costs. I do not wish any other veteran to have to go through this and I hope Veterans do their due diligence before signing up for Capella.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capella-University/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55402/Capella-University-NOT-Veteran-Friendly-Minneapolis-Minnesota-1106845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capella University