interference

Capital direct Lottery Sweepstakes
Las Vegas S Las Vegas NV Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Capital direct Lottery Sweepstakes told me I won a lottery Las Vegas, Nevada

*General Comment: Capital Directo Lottery Sweepstakes

I received a letter from Capital Direct Lottery Sweepstates telling me that I won a lottery. They enclosed a check for 2970.00 made out to me. I called them and they told me I won the lottery from a drawing I entered with Capital One Credit Card. I have entered this drawing so I thought it was legal. They had me deposit the check into my bank, which I did.

Two days later they call me and tell me to Western Union 1970.00 to a Loverne Clifford at 120 Main St London England. This was to pay for the cost of processing and I would have a lottery rep come to my house and hand derliver me a cashier's check for lmy winning.

I looked this up on internet and found out this is a scam. I have since talked to the bank and waiting to hear what happens with the check I deposited. When this man, Bob Martins at 1-778-709-0073 called me back to see if I sent them the Western Union, I told him the bank called me and said the check did not clear. I told him I showed the letter to the bank and they called the police. He hung up really quick on me. Have not heard back from him. Still waiting to hear back from bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2011 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-direct-Lottery-Sweepstakes/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89101/Capital-direct-Lottery-Sweepstakes-told-me-I-won-a-lottery-Las-Vegas-Nevada-801465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital direct Lottery Sweepstakes

#1 General Comment

Capital Directo Lottery Sweepstakes

AUTHOR: nag - (United States of America)

I was just curious to find out whatever happened to you since you deposited the check into your bank.  Can't they come after you for depositing a "fake" check.  Just wondering what actions, if any, they took.