Complaint Review: Capital First Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2003

• Reported By:Rocky Gap Virginia
Capital First Benefits
18495 S Dixie Highway #228 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Capital First Benefits scam artists ripoff business from hell Miami Florida

It started in May 2002, I received a phone call for a credit card and additional benefits. I received the package and it stated that I had 5 days before my checking account would be debited. I tried but was never able to get through to them. The line was always busy. However, I did leave a message for them to cancel my membership.

I continued attempting to call them, and was finally able to reach them after a month and was told that I needed to return the package. I told them I had thrown it away. They said I needed to provide them with proof that my checking account had been charged the $99.95 and $59.95. I did this. I was told that a refund would be issued in 14 days. After giving it a week to get there and waiting 14 extra days I called again. They claimed they had never received the letter. I sent a second letter.

We are up to July now, and still I had not received my refund.
August went by and still no refund. They told me it had been approved a refund had been approved for $99.95, that the $59.95 was a one time fee, and I was referred to an excalation dept...still nothing was done. There was no supervisor to speak with.

I continued trying to call and either got a busy signal and then finally a recording stating the number was no longer in service.

This went on up until November. I finally stopped calling

Rocky Gap, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2003 06:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-First-Benefits/Miami-Florida-33157/Capital-First-Benefits-scam-artists-ripoff-business-from-hell-Miami-Florida-53103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital First Benefits