Complaint Review: Capital Meats

• Updated: Thu, September 17, 2009

• Reported By: L4D — Elkton Virginia USA
Capital Meats
www.capitalmeats.com Fishersville, Virginia United States of America

Capital Meats Selling false cuts of meat, as well as not honoring their customer service obligations to those that they have scammed Fishersville, Virginia

* : I am continually amazed.

I was sitting on my front porch yesterday when a young man came pulling into my driveway and approached me and began to introduce himself to me and the company that he represented. He then asked me if I liked steaks and I said what any american would say YES. He then ran back to the truck with a disgusting looking freezer on the back of the truck. He came back with two boxes and began to open this meat and sprawl it across the front of my porch. Why would someone open meat in the direct sunlight and then proceed to repack it and place it back in the box? Anyways, he told me that my neighbor down the street had ordered this meat and couldnt pay for it due to the fact that her credit card had been declined. This became strange to me because the neighbor down the street was the only neighbor within 2 miles of me and she died last week..... Maybe they should practice their lines more often.

I told him that I wanted nothing to do with this meat and he began to pressure me into the fact that there was all these warranties and a right to recision. I still insisted no and he packed up his merchandise very quickly got back in the truck and told me to take it deep. The flyer that he left me had his name and his office location which was in fishersville, va.

My mother had similar problems with these individuals and their inability to honor what is written within their brochures. She purchased from these crooks with freezers 2 months ago and is still trying to get her money back from their company headquarters in bunker hill, wv. So we decided to do a little bit of research on our own and we took a few of the tasteless steaks that by the way are not usda angus to the local butcher and decided to get his opinion on the cuts of meat.

After looking at them numerous times he laughed and handed the meats back to us and said whoever sold you this is dumber than the person who tried to cut this. The steaks were not as tender as they promised, and what they lacked in taste the lacked worse in packaging. I warn all who come across this company be extremely careful of them. Do not purchase anything from these crooks as you will regret your purchase. You will never see them again and they are impossible to get ahold of. They are rude and ignorant and LIARS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2009 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-Meats/Fishersville-Virginia-/Capital-Meats-Selling-false-cuts-of-meat-as-well-as-not-honoring-their-customer-service-o-496058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital Meats

#1

I am continually amazed.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

How do these scammers stay in business?   Who in their right mind would buy meat from some random stranger on the street with a dirty freezer mounted on a truck?    I wouldn't take it for free.   You have no idea what it is or where it's been.