Complaint Review: Capital One Credit Card

• Updated: Wed, June 01, 2011

• Reported By: Tlmattson1986 — New York United States of America
Capital One Credit Card
salt lake city, utah salt lake city, Utah United States of America

Capital One Credit Card Capital One Bank Overcharged and unlimited late fees, refusual of closing accounts or settlement salt lake city, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Pay them off

*Consumer Comment: I rather have a chase credit card then capital one In my wallet capital one they are nothing but a bunch of thugs and thieves

*Consumer Comment: It's simple!

*Consumer Comment: Not smart

I have tried to cancel my accounts but was refused and told I couldn't.

I wanted to cancel my accounts to pay off my balances of $800 and $400, but they kept telling me they didnt receive payments or that my payments were late. I stopped paying them until they cancelled my accounts and let me pay off the amount I origionally owed before all the fees which doubled the amount on both accounts that I had.

I tried to settle with capital one for several years, but they refused. I was threatened with court papers but the dates on them were expired and the dates were from 6 months after the court date. They have threatened me with lawyers too.

I never had a problem with this company in the beginning but once I fought them on the fees and cancelling my accounts to pay off my bills they started adding fees and threatening with court.

I can't get a loan to pay off the debt because when I checked my report it says they charged off some of the debt but then I believe there is a judgement against me too.

I am not sure what to do anymore. Please help me get them off my report so I can move forward. I have tried for years to pay them off but they refused me every time.

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2011 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capital-One-Credit-Card/salt-lake-city-Utah-/Capital-One-Credit-Card-Capital-One-Bank-Overcharged-and-unlimited-late-fees-refusual-of-730027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capital One Credit Card

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Pay them off

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

You said " I have been overcharged several times with late fees and over the limit fees, and unnecessary fees on 2 accounts with capital one.

I have tried to cancel my accounts but was refused and told I couldn't.
"

This is easy to fix:

1) don't use your cards so you are not charged over the limit fees.
2) pay your card bills on time and you wont have late fees.

You cancel the cards by not using them then paying them off.  You cant just cancel charge cards and not have to pay the bill.

The balances are $400 and $800. IF you don't use the cards again. Make the minimum payment on the $800 card and send everything you can to the $400 card to pay it off. When it is paid off, then you put that money to the $800 card.

AUTHOR: CapitalOneSucks - (USA)

I rather have a chase credit card then capital one In my wallet capital one they are nothing but a bunch of thugs and thieves.

It's simple!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Dont pay em squat!

Not smart

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I wanted to cancel my accounts to pay off my balances"

It isn't necessary to cancel an account to pay off the balance. Whatever gave you that idea?

"I stopped paying them"

Not smart.

"I tried to settle with capital one for several years"

It isn't a rip off if they refused to accept a payoff amount of less than what you owe.