Complaint Review: capital one prepaid

• Submitted: Fri, February 04, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, February 04, 2011

• Reported By: jroberts — cleveland Ohio United States of America
capital one prepaid

capital one prepaid do not use capital one prepaid unless you do not want your money cleveland, Ohio Internet

I wish I would have read the other reports first before I used this dumb card. first of all the company waits until you get a direct deposit, It says that the funds are pending and will be made available by 7pm that day. then when they posted my funds at 10:30 they immediately closed my account and denied me access to my account online at the same time without any notice or explanation. so when I called they told me I had to fax documentation of my ID and a utilty bill which I did immediately.

my thing is if they wanted me to fax documentation for my account why wouldn't they ask for that in the first place when I first opened my account? Why would they wait to hold my money to ask for it? It's supposed to be a prepaid card and not a bank account so why are they holding on to my money? so anyway now they are saying i have to wait 24-48 hours before they reopen my account. the woman I spoke to says my ID documents are being reviewed by fraud department, why? because I recieved a direct deposit? the whole explanation is stupid and a excuse to hold your money. this is the worst card ever and I hate that I ever even dealt with them. stay away from these liars and crooks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2011 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/capital-one-prepaid/internet/capital-one-prepaid-do-not-use-capital-one-prepaid-unless-you-do-not-want-your-money-clev-690777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on capital one prepaid