Complaint Review: Capitol One Retail Services

• Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: LaneRNLP — Carrollton Texas
Capitol One Retail Services
po Box 60504 , City of Indusrty CA 91716-0604 Industry , California USA

Capitol One Retail Services / Best Buy Unfair Credit Reporting/ Changed from HSBC to Capital One and never notified me, capital One reported me to a credit bureau without ever sending a bil or contacting me Industry California

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't Matter

On May 10th I received notice from my Credit alert company that a negative comment had been placed on my report. As I pay all my bills on time I knew this had to be incorrect.

I called the company listed with the Negative Comment and it was Capital One. They informed me they had taken over the HSBC acct from Best Buy and had been unable to get my address or email so they determined I was "LATE".

I spoke with a representative at Capitol One on May 10th and he admitted after speaking with  supervisor that this was their fault and the negative comment would be removed. The representatives name was "Hayes Virreye" at 1300 on May 10th at Capitol One. He also removed the late fees which they said had accumulated for which I now have a copy of on the first bill I have finally received since this initial discussion.  I immediately paid the amount due to this new company during this call and explained all they had to do was send me a bill and I would have paid it!

He agreed it was unfair and assured me it would not affect my credit. Today my score has sunk 30 points, due to this report which was not removed.

I owe a balance of only a few hundred to them and I assure you, I will never deal with Capitol One in any financial quests again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Capitol-One-Retail-Services/Industry-California-91716-0504/Capitol-One-Retail-Services-Best-Buy-Unfair-Credit-Reporting-Changed-from-HSBC-to-Capi-1058071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Capitol One Retail Services

Doesn't Matter

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

The loan isn't owned by you.  The original lender can sell it to whomever they want without telling you a thing.  This happens all the time in finance and in some cases the original lender is bought by the new lender.  If you have all this info, names dates etc, type out a ONE PAGE letter and send it to them certified mail, return receipt requested.  It may take a few months to get it removed from the bureau reports.  30 points is meaningless anyway.