killing

• Submitted: Thu, August 03, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, February 22, 2012

• Reported By:alvin Texas
Captain D's Seafood
1800 35 West Bypass Alvin Texas Alvin, Texas U.S.A.

Captain D's Seafood RIP-OFF !!! Alvin Texas

*Author of original report: Then Don't Print

*UPDATE Employee: Sir you are misinformed

*Consumer Comment: I would have written a different word....

On 6/11/2006 I went to Captain D's. I ordered the two piece fish dinner with a drink. On the receipt was a printed code to go online and fill out a survey. After you fill out the survey they give you a word to write on the receipt. My word was PLANET. You then take the receipt back to Capt. D's for a free 2 piece fish dinner meal since that was what I ordered. On 8/3/2006 at 12:30pm I went back to the same Capt. D's to get my free meal. The manager told me that they are not a participating restaurant. Then WHY were they printing this survey codes on all of their receipts. This is yet another case of filling out a survey and told lies. I did go to Capt. D's twice a week. I will not be back !

Jerry
alvin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2006 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Captain-Ds-Seafood/Alvin-Texas-77511/Captain-Ds-Seafood-RIP-OFF-Alvin-Texas-204352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Captain D's Seafood

Then Don't Print

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

food coupons on your  receipt if you refuse to honor them. Also I attempted to order exact item on the receipt and was told that it would not be honored. I know the facts.

Sir you are misinformed

AUTHOR: Thespotter - (United States of America)

Sir to begin with, your free meal would have been a fish and fry NOT a repeat of your previous meal. The 2 peice dinner is like the fish and fry but the 2 peice has one additonal side. It was NOT that locations fault they could not honor that ticket. IN some restaurants in an area, they are told to no longer do things.

Its either due to a promotional item ending or a change of policy, We are sorry that is an inconveince to you, but there is no reasonf or you to be upset and write a report. NOW that being said i highly doub you had ate at your location 2-3 times a week if so, this small little insignificant issue wouldnt have bothered you because our food is good and as long as there is good management like in my location, you wouldnt have anything to complain about. Sorry again bgut please next time think it out more.

I would have written a different word....

AUTHOR: Dontbe - (U.S.A.)

Jerry,

Alvin, Texas, I am surprised you could find a restaurant where they spoke a word of english!!!
I think I would have scratched the word "planet" out and written something else to submit to the manager. By the way, you all got a good band called "Salting Jobe" out there in Alvin.

I particularly DESPISE going to fast food restaurants around TX. They ALL hire either high school kids that dont give a sh%t, or illegal aliens who have never seen a hamburger before, much less know how to make one.