Complaint Review: car city/orbit leasing

• Reported By: tl77 — twinlake Michigan United States of America
car city/orbit leasing
henry st muskegon, Michigan United States of America

car city/orbit leasing RIPOFFS..... muskegon, Michigan

*Author of original report: car city

*Consumer Comment: Did You Read The Paperwork???

We purchased a van from car city in nov.08 with the price of my van being 6,490 with tax and other fees added it would be 7,888.00 for the total to be financed so we had 30 monthly payments at 349.26,  which would be a total of 10,470 dollars for the total payback, now we are at the last month payment we get a letter stating if we wanted to purchase the van we needed to pay additional 1,600 dollars.. to keep the van...

so all this time i was paying for 30 months i thought i was paying to buy my van now they are telling me i was leasing, which i had no intention on leasing a car for that price.. i think its a bunch of bullcrap these companys can get away with lying and saying whatever to get people to fall for there junk.. And the van is not even worth it,they sell cleaned up junkers that continue to fall apart.I do not think its fair for people to take advantage when people are in hard times.. i think its time for somebody to go in and check out there fraudulent ways and put a stop to it..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/car-cityorbit-leasing/muskegon-Michigan-49441/car-cityorbit-leasing-RIPOFFS-muskegon-Michigan-718192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on car city/orbit leasing

car city

AUTHOR: tl77 - (United States of America)

WELL YES I READ WHAT PAPERS THEY GAVE ME,NOW THEY SAY THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER ONE,IM LIKE OK WELL I DIDNT GET ONE CAN YOU PLEASE PRINT ME A COPY SO I CAN SEE IT,WHICH I HAVE NO PROBLEM PAYING WHATEVER I SIGNED SHE WAS LIKE UM WE DONT HAVE THAT,THATS FROM 3 YRS AGO I SAID WELL YOU HAVE TO HAVE MY INFORMATION IM STILL PAYING FOR MY VAN HOW THE HELL YOU GONNA COME GET IT IF I STOP PAYING..BUT ANYWAY THE PAPERWORK I HAVE HERE WITH ME STATES THE PURCHASE PRICE (6,490)PLUS TAXES AND OTHER FEES BEING 1,375, WHICH AT THE BOTTOM SAYS UNPAID BALANCE TO BE FINANCED IS 7,888.00.AND PEOPLE WHO LEASE A CAR OR WHATEVER LEASE SO THEY DONT HAVE TO PAY THE WHOLE PRICE FOR THE CAR..AND IVE ALREADY DONE PAID THE PRICE OF MY VAN AND OVER 4,000 DOLLARS MORE,I DONT KNOW I COULD BE WRONG BUT LAST TIME I KNEW LEASING AND FINANCING WERE TWO DIFFERENT OPTIONS...AND CAR CITYS MOTTO IS GUARANTEED FINANCING NOT LEASING..

Did You Read The Paperwork???

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

What did the paperwork say...the contract you signed?  Did it say it was a purchase contract or did it say it was a lease?

You are absolutely correct in NOT wanting to get into a CAR FLEECE.  A FLEECE is a bad, bad deal for the consumer no matter how smart the salesman says you are for getting into it.