Complaint Review: Car Finder LLC

• Updated: Wed, December 04, 2013

• Reported By: Newieinc — Victor Idaho
Car Finder LLC
973 W 240 N Linden, Utah USA

Car Finder LLC Do not do Business with these guys. Bought a vehicle with bad motor Sorry "AS IS" Linden Utah

Caveat Emptor Buyer Beware!!!!!

I purchased a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 from these guys and with in 24 hours my diesel mechanic informed that the motor was having serious blow by issues and the motor needed to be rebuilt. Before  I bought the vehicle I asked many questions. Specifically if it had been modified in any way. I was told it had no modifications.Unfortunately I took a one way shuttle from Idaho to Orem Utah on the premise that the truck was accurately represented.

Upon arrival I come to find it has a 6" straight pipe for the exhaust. This is a huge modification that sent red flags up. It also had an aftermarket transfer pump, aftermarket fuel pressure gauge , turbo boost gauge and exhaust temp gauge. These modifications are almost always accompanied by after market programers or chips that were not present on the truck and had probably been removed. [continued below]....

..... (as well as spare tire, tire jack and lug wrench, after market stereo and amplifier air bags etc.) All this was quit a surprise when I got there and would have not made the trip to buy the truck if they would have informed me of these modifications because the truck had probably been ridden hard.

In the end I should have rented  a car and drove home. Instead I bought the truck and drove to SLC for the night. When I arrived in Salt Lake City. I filled the truck up and noticed it had some black spray down the side of the truck. It was dark, blowing sideways and cold so I did not look any further. I left the next morning for Idaho. Starting the truck I noticed it had an excessive amount of smoke coming out t he exhaust. I drove to Idaho and stopped to fill the truck in Idaho falls. I noticed when I got out of the truck it was bathed in what looked like motor oil. The entire driver side was coated, the tail gate and the entire undercarriage were dripping with oil and was later determined to be diesel fuel. This was further confirmed when I checked the fuel milage and it was about 10MPG way low for that motor and the engine oil level had not dropped.

When I contacted Preston Weekes  the owner, I asked for him to do the right thing and help me out some way. He made it very clear that I bought the car "as is" and he had no legal obligation help me out. He further suggested that it was probably an injector that just happen to fail right after I drove it off the lot!!!!! Really how do you sleep at night?? I offered to ship the car back on my nickle and get a refund for the vehicle, I offered to keep the truck and have it repaired locally and have him help pay for it. Not going to happen.

His resolve to have me ship the vehicle down to SLC and have someone he knows fix it for much cheaper than I had been quoted locally and me pick the whole tab. Sure I am going to trust someone that just sold  me a truck that had been misrepresented and whom probably new the status of the engine. Perfect set up, get an out of state buyer with a one way ticket lined out,  sell it  "as Is" send him on the way. Tanner Bowen and Preston Weekes  you should be ashamed of how you conduct your business.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2013 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Finder-LLC/Linden-Utah-84042/Car-Finder-LLC-Do-not-do-Business-with-these-guys-Bought-a-vehicle-with-bad-motor-Sorry-1104452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Finder LLC