• Report: #1019675

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: david — miami Florida United States of America
car max
1300 nw 98ct miami, Florida United States of America

car max underestimate your apraisel.... saying, they sale the car in a wholesale auction.... miami, Florida

*General Comment: Business

*Consumer Comment: Who Forced You?

*Consumer Comment: Who Forced You?

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

I went to carmax for apraise my 2006 honda accord se. that apraise took 45 minutes, then that salesman came with the apraisel, and start with too many excuses and stories, saying everithing in my car was perfect, except the rear passenger door was repainted, and for that reason they made me an offer of 8000.00 The salesman told me; "to be honest with you, this car we never sale in carmax lot, we gone sale in a wholesale auction".

For that reason, they can not offer me, the money the kelly blue book apraised my car 9375.00.

We belived what the salesman told us, be cause carmax brand. We heard lot a times carmax paid top dollar for your car but that is not true.... well, we sold our car to carmax.

Then after a week, I found out in carmax.com they are selling my car for 13998.00....that day I went to carmax to speak with a manager... they do not have manager on duty... I spoke with 2 different persons in 2 hours and the result was. "it was a misunderstanding and error from our salesperson who told you, carmax do not sell those cars in our lot. what he was trying to said, was carmax used wholesale money to buy those cars.... In short words ca max rip me off 02/24/2013

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2013 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/car-max/miami-Florida-33172/car-max-underestimate-your-apraisel-saying-they-sale-the-car-in-a-wholesale-auction-1019675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on car max

#1 General Comment

Business

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

How the car Business works.

You sell a car, make a few Dollars, Hopefully 20% markup because thats what you need to cover the overhead.

You get a trade, You need to buy bellow Blue Book because if you have to wholesale it (Auction) it will go for 15 to 45% bellow Blue Book. If there is more than service and clean anything this old it goes straight to auction.

If it looks and works good you retail it. Price it high, $13,998.00. That will bring in customers looking for a premium Condition Car.

Make a deal to sell, need a little over $10,000 to stay in business, If you can get $11,000 you made a real profit. And since you had it priced @ $13,998 the customer thinks he got a great deal on a premium used car.

The only hitch is you can only deal true PREMIUM cars and do this. That drives the overhead up.

So the real question is why does  Kwtrucks not understand the busness and why he wants to be mean too you?

Mean People Suck.

Who Forced You?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Where do you highly intelligent people come from? They gave you their offer. You didn't like that offer. Do you think maybe since you didn't like the offer you should not have sold it to them? Did somebody force you at gunpoint to sell the car to them?

Who Forced You?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You were not ripped off because in a free enterprise economy a merchant has the right to sell merchandise at any price they choose. Kelley Blue Book is a guide but auto dealers are not required to adhere to it.

"I found out in carmax.com they are selling my car for 13998.00"

It's not your car. You sold it.