Complaint Review: Car Quest

• Updated: Sat, July 13, 2013

• Reported By: LneBop — Conway South Carolina
Car Quest
Hwy 378 Conway, South Carolina USA

Car Quest Hundreds of Dollars for a Day and a Half of A/C!! Conway South Carolina

Car Quest in Conway  is a working man's worst enemy! My friend picked his car up on Friday afternoon. My friend took it there because the A/C leaked freon.  The compressor was kicking on just all the freon leaked out. My friend was told they could vacumn the lines and replace the lines that leaked.  This was not a cheap fix, but my friend had made some extra money and wanted to do something sweet for his wife. She had not had A/C in years!  Well he picked the car up presented it to his wife, very proud he could make her comfortable for her ride to work everday. On Sunday evening the air was gone, all the freon had leaked out! The compressor was still working just no freon!  My friend took the car back Monday morning and talked to Jeremy. Well Jeremy just SMILED and said "No warranty, you did not replace all the parts. The compressor was not replaced" My friend said the compressor is still working properly. Jeremy replied with a smirky smile "I will do anything you want as long as you are paying for it!"

What happened to good business practices? What happened to trying to make things right? You just hand them hundreds of dollars and they want to beat you on a technicality??? I hate to see people work so hard for their money and someone just take it and SMIRK at you, letting you know how MUCH they dont care! My friend discovered they had also broke a part under the hood, but I guess that was not "covered" also! Practices like this should be illegal, but that is what gives car repair shops a bad name. Hal's Lube and Wheels has done work for me in the past and when I did have a problem, I took it back and he never said ANYTHING about a warranty! He fixed the problem and he did not SMIRK at me, he apoligized that we had that problem! I guess that is why he stays so busy!!!!!

I look forward to Car Quest rebuttal, because all he can say is "It wasnt covered" Not that when he vacummned the lines he should have detected the leak. If that was not the case why replace one line at a cost of $75? Why break a part and never report it to a customer?? Why in the world would you even tell someone you could help them and do work you onbly EXPECT to last 48 hours?? I have never heard of someone smiling at you and act like actually enjoy your pain like Jeremy did!!! What a terrible person!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2013 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Quest-/Conway-South-Carolina-29526/Car-Quest-Hundreds-of-Dollars-for-a-Day-and-a-Half-of-AC-Conway-South-Carolina-1066688. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Quest