Complaint Review: Car Wash USA

• Updated: Thu, May 09, 2013

• Reported By: Sion — Plano Texas
Car Wash USA
8804 Ohio Drive Plano, Texas USA

Car Wash USA They performed a car detail; damaged the inside of my car and refused to cover the damage and said they didn't have insurance! Plano Texas

I took my car to Car Wash USA and paid $28 for an all-inclusive detail and car wash. The car wash didn't have any problems; however, during the interior car detail the technician damaged the audio controls of the car (she literally broke the buttons on the stereo and then vacuumed the buttons up.) She didn’t tell anyone about the damage and proceeded to let me know the car was “ready” and fully cleaned. I did a physical inspection of the car, however, as I go inside the car I couldn’t help but notice the damage to the stereo.

Upon discovering the stereo damage I go to speak with the technician and she begins to tell me in Spanish that she does not speak English. As such I ask for a manager (in English) in which she understands. At this time the manager by the name of Karen Luna approaches me and looks at the damage inside the car. She asks me to wait and has the technician come back over to look throughout the car for the missing “buttons.” Once she was unsuccessful to find the buttons the manager comes back over and informs me there is nothing further they could do, however, she may be able to check the vacuum filters at the end of the day.

At this time I proceed to ask her about filing an insurance claim to be compensated for the damage done to the interior of my vehicle. Karen begins to tell me that they don’t cover “interior” damage and they have an external sign stating as such. I ask her to show me this external sign in which she is unsuccessful to show it (because it didn’t exist). Having some experience with business law and civil litigation I refused to leave until I have the insurance or financial information needed to file a civil lawsuit in small claims court. At this time Karen begins to inform me that the business doesn’t have any damage insurance and the car washes owner is based out of Atlanta Georgia!

At this time Karen begins to inform me that her technician told her the stereo was damaged already and I was lying; Really? Clearly I wasn’t going to get anywhere talking to Karen so I decided to leave after documenting the situation (and recording some of our conversation) for further review. I just received the repair bill and their negligence and it cost me out of pocket around $200. What’s more ironic is Karen refused to refund my detail charge!

Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this car wash. If they damage your car it’s going to cost you more than what you bargained for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Wash-USA/Plano-Texas-75024/Car-Wash-USA-They-performed-a-car-detail-damaged-the-inside-of-my-car-and-refused-to-co-1049740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Wash USA