Complaint Review: carburetors & more

• Updated: Mon, August 25, 2014

• Reported By: Certified Motorsports — Eagle River Wisconsin
carburetors & more
Internet USA

Carburetors and More La Porte Tx Horrible Products Horrible Customer Service DO NOT BUY!!! La Porte Texas Texas

I just purchased a marine carburetor from these people that didnt work from day 1.  I called them back on several occasions to get advice on how to fix the issue.  The gentleman I spoke to gave me a list of things to check and said if those didnt fix the problem I had a bad engine.  He insisted there was nothing wrong with the carburetor I was sold.  We did as instructed checking timing, fuel pressure, plugs, distributor, fuel pump etc etc but found no problems.  After the second call Chuck the owner started to talk down and belittle me. He told me I had no clue and should not be working on anything mechanical.  (Just for the record I own a motorsports shop and have worked in the industry for 20+ years, we deal with engines and carburetors daily, we chose to use Carburetors and more because of time constraints not because we were unable to perform the necessary repairs).  I finally asked him to send me a replacement carburetor or to send back my core with a refund and he refused to do either.  I decided I was stuck with his junk non workin carb so I disassembled it and began repair it myself.  What I found was this,  Overspray from paint on the body of the carburetor was inside the float bowl area and behind the accelerator pump diaphram.  As the fuel flowed through the internal working of the carburetor the paint was dissolving and plugging orifices inside the carburetor causing it not to work properly. I called again to explain what i found.  Chuck (the owner of carburetors and more) flew into a rage when I told him what i found, saying I had no right to disassemble "his" (I paid for it so it is now "my") carburetor, and if I wanted any kind of warranty consideration I should have sent it back as is.  Even though he had already denied me any warranty. I am filing disputes with Paypal and BBB and I would highly recommend anybody considering using the services provided by carburetors and more look elsewhere.  FYI after looking into the issue Im not the first to complain about their product and I'm sure I wont be the last.  Check the BBB and other Ripoff reports to confirm for yourself!   Lastly Chucks claim that they test every carburetor is a joke.  They send a video of a carburetor bolted to an engine free revving under no load. This is in no way an accurate, real world,  or even a dyno test as they would have you believe.   The carburetor I recieved free revved an engine as well but struggled to start and under acceleration and usually caused engine to stall.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2014 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carburetors-more/internet/Carburetors-and-More-La-Porte-Tx-Horrible-Products-Horrible-Customer-Service-DO-NOT-BUY-1172146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on carburetors & more