Complaint Review: Carchex

Carchex
118 Shawan Road, Suite 210 Baltimore, Maryland USA

Carchex Auto Warranty Baltimore Maryland

*Author of original report: Carchex Made This Right

I purchased a car warranty 4 years ago for $1600.

Every repair has been denied.

This latest is the AC, which is clearly covered in the policy. In July, 2014,  I had to pay $1650 to replace the AC. I called Carchex three times, my mechanic twice. I spoke to Terri and Pierre. Carchex is resting on the section of the policy that excludes external seals. However, there is another section clearly (to me and my mechanic) stating that seals ARE covered when necessary for the part. Further, my mechanic claims this is an internal seal. They cannot explain to me in simple terms why the section allowing seals when they are integral does not apply. My mechanic has written everything out for me, and states he has never had an AC denied by a warranty company.

Last year, they denied my radiator. Again, this is routinely not denied by warranty companies.  I feel they are going to deny everything by trickery and fraud. It is hard for me to accept they are honest when every repair needed for the last four years is not covered.

Carchex has responded the complaint I filed with the Arizona Attorney General that they have no responsibility but are merely the "authorized retailers". They have advised the Attorney General to contact Allegiance Administrators LLC, 400 Metro Place North, Suite 300, Dublin OH43017.

When I purchased this "Peace of Mind" warranty - what a joke, I was provided with a card with phone numbers to call that clearly states I am called Carchex.

I am filing another complaint under the Allegiance Administrators name, and will update this report when it is denied, as I have no doubt it will be. Then we will go to Small Claims Court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carchex/Baltimore-Maryland-21030/Carchex-Auto-Warranty-Baltimore-Maryland-1169506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carchex

Carchex Made This Right

AUTHOR: WriterMary - ()

Carchex contacted me. After extensive discussion, this has been resolved to my satisfaction. I appreciate your assistance.