Complaint Review: Card Member Services

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Wilma — Hayward California United States of America
Card Member Services
, California United States of America

Card Member Services World Account Services Daily Harassing phone call to my private phone number about a credit account which I don't have, soliciting lowering interest rates on my current credit account. California

I receive , on a daily basis, harassive  and annoying solicitative phone calls from a credit card financial service which does not even state their address when asked. Instead, after they use a automated sales pitch, and I push a phone choice number to speak with a credit representative, I then am treated unprofessionally. I try each time to inquire as to their city and state, and the name of their agency or "Financial Company."

However, when asked for this identifying company information, then this human representative whom I have waited on the phone to speak to, hangs up on me. This annoying pattern occurs each time that I try to inquire who they are. Then I pressed the # 3 phone choice for, "Do not call again , in the future." However, this button is ineffective.

This company continues to call several times a day , with these annoying calls. My phone number is a private and unlisted. Therefore no one is even supposed to call me at this number unless I have consented to their phone call. I cannot even file a BBB complaint since I can't figure out the actual address or even the proper  and formal company name of this place that keeps forwarding these annoying phone calls to me.

I would like for this credit agency to really stop calling me. I would like to sue for punitave damages since they are continuing to call and stress me out with their harassive telemarketing phone calls and representatives hanging up when confronted about who they are, and from what state they are calling from.

I was informed by a teacher in school that this is supposed to be illegal for a telemarketing or anyone to continue calling after being told or requested the 1st time, not to call any further. This teacher informed me that I was supposed to be able to sue for $ 10,000 if these type of phone calls continued. Now, in reality I can see that I first need caller ID, I suppose. Unfortunately I am on a budget, and don't wish to pay extra for this phone feature. How am I supposed to determine who they really are and where they are calling from anyhow, if these so called credit professionals keep hanging up on me.

Lastly, I don't even have any credit cards to consolidate anyway. I paid off 3 different college loans and have" 0 balance" statements to prove it.  They are just fishing around to see if anyone is dumb enough, or out of touch enough to volunteer the identity info needed for them to monopolize one's credit, or finances. This is on the verge of identity theft, if not professional prank calling.

I wish this agency would be put out of business, especially after being accountable for punative damages of inducing unnecessary stress and intimidation on people such as myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Member-Services/-California-/Card-Member-Services-World-Account-Services-Daily-Harassing-phone-call-to-my-private-phone-953472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Member Services