Complaint Review: Card Systems Technologies

• Updated: Fri, January 10, 2014

• Reported By: hwga — Portland Oregon
Card Systems Technologies
2012A Morris Ave Union, New Jersey USA

Card Systems Technologies Very poor customer service/failure to back up product Union New Jersey

*Author of original report: Follow Up

I originally purchased a NEW Vx570 credit card terminal from this company in November 2012.  My order took a long time to ship, but it was during Hurricane Sandy, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.  We did receive the terminal but it failed in only two months-Jauary 2013.  I tried to call the company and emailed them to find out how to return for replacement.  Getting a call back took a long time, but we did get an RA number to ship back the unit and finally got our replacement back in mid-March 2013.  Now this unit has failed as well.  In a call to the company, I was told that my warranty started from the original date of the order, and there was no warranty on the replacement unit.  I was further told that I was shipped a REFURBISHED replacement for my failed NEW unit.  Why I would be shipped a used unit to replace the NEW unit I paid for was not explained and is unacceptable in my opinion.  They offered to repair the unit (for a fee) but I no longer trust this company to supply my business with technology of any kind and will look elsewhere for repair services.  I cannot recommend anyone to do business with them as their products are highly unreliable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2014 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Systems-Technologies/Union-New-Jersey-07083/Card-Systems-Technologies-Very-poor-customer-servicefailure-to-back-up-product-Union-New-1114546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Systems Technologies

AUTHOR: chris - ()

Thought I would post an update to my initial report.  Card Systems Technologies made a second offer to repair my unit at no cost (I would be responsible for shipping) if I would take down my negative review.

I made a follow-up call to try to understand why their policy is always to ship refurbished units when new units still under warranty fail.  Their contention is that they can't know how I have abused the credit card terminal (by dropping it or whatever) so they always ship a refurb.  I believe that is a wrong-headed anti-customer policy.  Items under warranty should be replaced by the same item as purchased.

I have decided not to have them repair the unit since the refurbished unit they sent me before failed in less than a year, which does not inspire my confidence.  I will look elsewhere for repair services that are more reliable.

I've been in business for 23 years, am an honest person and would never try to pass off damage I caused as a warranty claim.  I've also, in 23 years, never had a credit card terminal fail in less than 5 years (except for the one my employee spilled her latte on, which I paid to replace!)

I would say to any one thinking about purchasing from this company - buyer beware!  If their policy is to warranty a product by replacing with refurbs, they should state that clearly on their site.  If I looked at every customer with this much distrust, I would have been out of business a long time ago.  Very disappointing service.