• Report: #1101911

• Updated: Tue, September 29, 2015

• Reported By: Doug — Lancaster Pennsylvania
Carden Family Auction Service
4908 State Highway 30, Amsterdam, New York USA

Carden Family Auction Service Terrible company, broken items, would not reply! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Amsterdam New York

*Consumer Comment: I am also a victim so this guy is NOT the only one.

*Author of original report: Poor Customer Service and shipping

*UPDATE Employee: fedex???

*UPDATE Employee: sorry not sorry....

*Author of original report: Update on the Carden Family Auction

I bought multiple items from them, including an Edison player.  There were 30 wax tubes purchased.  The package was sent via Fedex, and arrived within about 2 weeks.  Upon unpacking the items, the wax player tubes were in a box, packed in a way that they were mostly broken.  There were only 12 functional wax tubes undamaged.  Whoever packed the box, obviously did not know what they were doing.  The separate inside box wasn't even sealed on the bottom, as this was discovered as I gently unpacked the broken pieces.

I immediately took photos of the damaged goods, and contacted Fedex.  Fedex told me that the Carden Family Auction Service needs to file a complaint.  I attempted to email them to correct this issue multiple times without any response.  I was hoping for some kind of resolution.  They obviously don't want to have any repeat business from me.  I hope anyone reading this will not do business with them, as they are not customer service oriented.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2013 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carden-Family-Auction-Service/Amsterdam-New-York-12010/Carden-Family-Auction-Service-Terrible-company-broken-items-would-not-reply-DO-NOT-BU-1101911. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carden Family Auction Service

I am also a victim so this guy is NOT the only one.

AUTHOR: Matt - (United Kingdom)

Carden Family Auctions have a rating of 1.4 out of 5.... This is due to them fraudulently selling goods, not paying sellers, and general poor service. Just look at how many employees attack this guy instead of attempting to help. The fact is, the company in question is dreadful and no one in their right mind should do business with these con artists in my opinion.

Poor Customer Service and shipping

AUTHOR: Doug - ()

I have been dealing with multiple online auctions over the years, and have never had a problem like this. You must have missed my point that your customer service and shipping department were terrible.  And it takes you over a year to respond to this complaint on here?  You say you contacted me?  I don't know who you think you have talked to or contacted, but it wasn't me sunshine.  I made multiple attempts to contact you by email and phone, and wasn't given the courtesy of return communication.  Quite honestly on my part, you were out of sight, out of mind until now.  You somehow feel the need to defend your shortcoming?  If you are as smart as you think you are, walk away while you are ahead of this topic.  Your shipping department screwed up, and you aren't big enough to admit it.  That is why I displayed the photos.  It would have never got to this level if your company would have stepped up to the plate to try to resolve this as a reputable company.  Sadly, I wasn't looking for more than an explanation from you.  You can continue to stand by your story, and I know what really happened.  The best part, we will never do business in the future!  Too little, too late!  Let's keep this thread going so it makes it easier to find in a search engine.  Have a nice day!  :-)

fedex???

AUTHOR: auctiondog1207 - ()

that doesnt look like a fedex box too me in those pictures.....are u even sure what you are talking about that is clearly a USPS PRIORITY BOX.....HMMMMMM

sorry not sorry....

AUTHOR: auctiondog1207 - ()

we are still in business because we offer great products with awesome customer service, u jumped the gun and started bashing us before u contacted us FIRST as u can see u are the ONLY person that has any claims against us on this site.....and when i talked to you i asked it be removed first....it still isnt so it is what it is.

Update on the Carden Family Auction

AUTHOR: Doug - ()

I had contacted the Better Business Bureau, and they attempted to contact them regarding my complaint.  Of course, they did not respond to their inquiry.  The following was stated from the BBB:

We regret to inform you that the company has not responded to your complaint. If we do receive a response in the future, a copy will be sent to you. You may wish to seek the advice of an attorney, or file a claim in Small Claims Court.

Your complaint will remain on file for three years and will be reported to the public that the company did not respond. This will also result in a negative change to the company's BBB rating. If the company is a BBB Accredited Businesses, an unanswered complaint can subject them to the loss of their accreditation.

That being said, I find it hard to believe this company is still in business!  I will continue to welcome any contact and resolution they may offer.

Sadly, I wasn't even offered an apology.  I certainly hope this report prevents others from getting ripped off by the Carden Family Auctions!