Complaint Review: Cardmember Service

• Submitted: Sun, May 31, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, May 31, 2009

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Cardmember Service
PO Box 6337 Fargo, North Dakota U.S.A.

Cardmember Service - no Other Name Given Unknown Company in Fargo ND changing terms on card that does not exist.. what to do? Fargo 58125-6337 Fargo North Dakota

I recieved a letter in the mail addressed to me from Cardmember Services from Fargo ND. It stated that the terms of the aggreement referring to the card # ending in 0899 giving only those #'s were being changed. I have no credit cards at all, only a debit so I am sure something is wrong.

They had no phone #, saying I could call the # on the back of the card I do not have. They say I must reply in writing to dispute these changes. If I do not reply will that constitute acceptance of a card with really bad rates and most likely an yearly rates that I would owe immediately?

What can and should I do about this? Is this type of thing legal?

Thank anyone with advice very much in advance. I really would appreciate more knowledge than what I now have.

I found this site by putting the Fargo address into Google, so I am hopeful for info.

Dj
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2009 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cardmember-Service/Fargo-North-Dakota-58125-6337/Cardmember-Service-no-Other-Name-Given-Unknown-Company-in-Fargo-ND-changing-terms-on-car-457148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cardmember Service