Complaint Review: careerbuilder.com

• Updated: Wed, June 19, 2013

• Reported By: Diane — Albuquerque New Mexico
careerbuilder.com
5550-A Peachtree Parkway,Suite200 Norcross, , Georgia USA

careerbuilder.com /Secret Shopper Sent me check to shop for 1,990.00 to deposit in my acct. and send money western union 1550.00 and shop walmart 100.00 for surveys. Norcross, Georgia

*Author of original report: careerbuilder.com

*Consumer Comment: Of course the check is bogus

I went on the internet and signed up for secret shopping and I was sent a letter in the mail priority stating I had a secret shopper survey job to do. One was for Western union and one was for walmart. They also sent me a check for 1990.00 to cash at my bank for my job.

I went to bank WellsFargo cashs chek and they deposited the check and said funds would be available in am. This was on 6/7/2013. Manager came over ok'd check and said i could have funds in am.

So I emailed and let them know that i would do surveys on 6/8/2013. 1550.00 was to go to western union to: Tamika dong26 Makati Avenue, Quezon City, Manilla, Phillipines. I was to shop with 100.00 at walmart and I would earn 300.00 dollars.

The check i deposited was fraudulent it was from HEB Credit Union in San Antonio Texas. So my account is now overdrawn and wells fargo has closed my account. And they want the overdrawn amount. And i will not be able to open another account. I don't know waht to do. Am gonna file a police report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2013 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/careerbuildercom/Norcross-Georgia-30092/careerbuildercom-Secret-Shopper-Sent-me-check-to-shop-for-199000-to-deposit-in-my-acc-1060509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on careerbuilder.com

careerbuilder.com

AUTHOR: Diane - ()

I believed it only because I  signed up secret shopping. And secret shopping is about surveys. Now I know. This is my first experience and believe me my last.

Of course the check is bogus

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Think about it. Why would someone you don't know and have never met send you $1990? Why didn't they send the $1550 directly to Tamika instead of sending it to you first? The only possible answer is that it's a SCAM.