Complaint Review: caribbean cruise line

• Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Pickering Ontario Canada
caribbean cruise line

caribbean cruise line Promises more than it delivers, flat out Lies. Internet

Was contacted by Caribbean cruise lines about buying a trip to Bahamas, listened to all it included and decided to go ahead and purchase. Was told I should book 60 days in advance,  but that 30 days would be ok.  When I booked 30+ days ahead, there was zero availability for the requested time, BUT if I upgraded to a more expensive room, they could accommodate me. I refused to change rooms so they offered another solution, an extended stay of 2 or three additional days for $400.  I put up a bit of a stink and was offered it for $350.

I would no longer have a window cabin aboard the ship, it would have to be a inner cabin, I regrettably agreed to this after reaffirming that the room at the grand Laucayan  was an oceanview room with a balcony.  Yes sir, yes sir!   No problem,  Just as I had been promised from the initial sales call.   I called the hotel directly a few weeks later to confirm my reservation only to discover an island view room was reserved for me.   I contacted Caribbean cruise lines and was told that was the room I had reserved.

I explained that I was 100% certain that it was in fact an ocean view room that I had been repeatedly promised, but was only offered oceanview at a $45 / night upgrade option.  I asked to speak to a Supervisor, and was put on hold for just over twenty minutes. A calm well spoken yound man answered by the name of Justin whom offered apologies but accepted no responsibility for the situation.  I said I feel  I've been taken advantage of,  that I would like a refund.  I was told he would refund the $350 but the initial cost of $600+ could not be. Being that I have already purchased plane tickets for the scheduled time I have decided to suck it up and go on this trip and try to forget about the ugliness that has transpired.

I suggest getting any and everything in writing before giving your credit card number to these people so you have some hard evidence to support your otherwise empty claims. I get the feeling they know exactly what they are doing and know how to suck as much money out of you and give you as little as possible in return for it.  Justin the Supervisor argued that they did not even offer oceanview rooms at the time I purchased the voucher so he couldnt understand why I would have been told I was going to get the reservation to one.  Be Careful when dealing with this company!!   Get everything you've been promised IN WRITING,   BEFORE giving your credit card #!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/caribbean-cruise-line/internet/caribbean-cruise-line-Promises-more-than-it-delivers-flat-out-Lies-Internet-1009846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on caribbean cruise line