• Report: #620268

• Reported By: Character Matters — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Caribbean Cruise Line
301 Broadway Street 101B Riviera Beach, Florida United States of America

Caribbean Cruise Line SCAM.. BEWARE, BE SMART!!!! Riviera Beach, Florida

I have to admit that I am a bit critical about most things, and the deal I saw on TV advertised a free two day cruise.  Having just taken a cruise four months ago for five days and loving every minute of it, I was intrigued about a two day free cruise!  But, being the way I am, I went into the entire thing thinking that it may be a scam.

I went to the website advertised by the commercial, http://www.cruise2free.com/, entered my information and was called in about 30 seconds after hitting the send button. Let's get to the meat of this situation...

I was sold the pitch, that I was responsible for the $59.00 port fee per person and other than that, I was home free.  I was told that I had 18 months to book my cruise. I asked if I could upgrade my stateroom when I called to book and I was told yes.  The customer service rep then asked me what form of payment I would be using to pay the $118 bucks for the port fees (for two people).  When I told her that I had to speak to my boyfriend first she told me I had to do it now or else I would lose my confirmation.

That's when I knew it was a scam.  Folks, reputable companies don't give you a do or die now kind of thing.  No way in the world was I giving her my credit card number right then under the gun.  I told her I had to speak with my boyfriend first, and she told me she would hold while I called him.  Yet another mistake that she made, letting me know this was a scam.

She told me that I would lose my confirmation, and I told her fine, he could always go to the website, input his info and get a new confirmation and we could go from there.  She said she would speak to someone about helping me to keep my confirmation, then all of the sudden, someone else was on the phone.  Now if you are a very busy operation, trying to really get folks into new free, cruises, no way in heck are you going to be immediately transferred to anyone.

The "supervisor" got on the phone and asked me if I thought the Bahamas would be fun.. WTH?  I said sure, but I need to speak to my boyfriend first.  He then told me that once I got off of the phone the confirmation would be null and void.  When I stated the very obvious to him, that my boyfriend could just input his info, new email and address, etc. and get a new confirmation, the "supervisor" said "oh, ok" and hung up the phone.

These folks are not just scam artists, they are DUMB scam artists!  Anyone who pushes you to give your financial information for the sake of getting something for "free" is up to something.

I am appalled that these folks are allowed to air commercials on TNT!  And amazingly enough, the commercial was during a series of Law and Order LOL!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2010 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Line/Riviera-Beach-Florida-33404/Caribbean-Cruise-Line-SCAM-BEWARE-BE-SMART-Riviera-Beach-Florida-620268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Line