Complaint Review: carinfo1

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 26, 2016

• Reported By: gregg — northwood Ohio United States of America
carinfo1

carinfo1  carinfo1 promises to look up vin number and give you a report for $1.00. They say a fraction of what carfax charges, however like every other internet rip off scam once they get your card number they  Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please Email Josh@vehiclehistory.com for a Full Refund

I went on line to check a vin number of a truck I was having problems with, I was going to carfax site when carinfo1 popped up. I went to there site where they indicated they would look up the vin number for $1.00 "a fraction of what carfax costs" So shame on me I went for it, only to find the next day that my account had been charged $19.95. I also found out that this was to be a reoccuring charge every month. Let's see, $240.00 to check a vin number, carfax wants $39.95. What a deal.

I went back to the web site to get a refund and got the happy run around. I was also told "we are not a scam" I guess they have another name for it, but I call it what it is, a SCAM. Then is was told to contact [email protected] // for a full refund, another runaround scam. In short this web site is a SCAM, DONOT use them unless you want the hassle of changing your card and dealing with the bank to get the charges reversed. Also when they SUPPOSEDLY checked the vin they came up with no hits, Carfax came up with 7 hits. I wonder what data base they were checking with? Never mind I already know, NONE. Scammers, I have had dreams of how to deal with them, you're on my list josh.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carinfo1/internet/carinfo1nbsp-carinfo1-promises-to-look-up-vin-number-and-give-you-a-report-for-100-Th-938341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on carinfo1

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please Email Josh@vehiclehistory.com for a Full Refund

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello,

Please contact josh@vehiclehistory.com for an immediate refund. Provide your email address, order number, and Zip Code.

You can also go to CarInfo1.com and us our live chat feature.

Again, email josh@vehiclehistory.com for a full refund.

Thanks,