Complaint Review: Carmart

• Reported By: Carmela Cook — Tulsa, Oklahoma
Carmart
4810 S. Peoria, Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

Carmart Carmart of Tulsa Sold car with serious defects Tulsa Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: You Will Be "Very Un-Done" With Them!

I don't have good credit and have had to go to Carmart.  They did help me with getting a car through them but it had a problem that caused the car to quit in the middle of the street and strand me for two hours.   The car ended up being totated due to an accident of no fault of mine.   Due to my credit, I returned to Carmart and now I have another car that has major problems with the transmission.   I had the car taken in to be worked on after having to make an appointment to do thay, and paying a $50.00 deposit for them to work on the car. I had a person take the car in to drop it off and found that ride was not able to pick up my deliverer.     I requested a ride for the person who was dropping my car off only to be told that this was not their responsibility it is mine to make sure transportation was available.   First of all if I had another means of transportation I wouldn't of had this problem.  I was not able to foresee that the person picking up my delivery person was not able to come due to own transportation malfunction.  Second, what about the responsibility of Carmart ensuring the sale of a vehicle with no problems.  I see how they get the money to run.

I appreciate them helping me in my time of need, but paying $250.00 every two weeks for a car that is not worth that and is not working properly is unreal.   Due to the time I had available to me to car shop I wasn't able to do that.  I needed immediate transportation as my mother was very ill and has since passed on.  I want to begin again in a different avenue but I have been told my Carmart that they will come after me for the balance of the car.

I have been told by a credit union and a bank, that neither car that I attempted to get financed was worth what Carmart is charging.   Double the book value, and both had been wrecked previously.   I just want to return the car and be done.   I have given them money I couldn't and can't afford because of the money I have to put into them.  I just want to be done with it after I return the car to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carmart-/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74105/Carmart-Carmart-of-Tulsa-Sold-car-with-serious-defects-Tulsa-Oklahoma-1065195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carmart

You Will Be "Very Un-Done" With Them!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If you return that car, that WILL BE CONSIDERED as a repo.  Yes, you will get rid of the car and not see it again, but guess what YOU WILL see?  They will probably sue you for the remainder of the contracted price...so you'll see the summons.  This is not unusual, illegal or unethical.  No, I don't work for them.