Complaint Review: CarMax & Max Care

CarMax & Max Care
1975 Beaver Ruin Road Norcross, Georgia United States of America

CarMax & Max Care Max Care ripoff Norcross Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Mazda Original warranty

*Author of original report: CarMax Charged me for Maintenance on an engine that was beyond repair?

*Author of original report: Max Care I am on my own

Re: 2002 Mazda Protege5

I bought the car with 36K. Bought the Max Care Warranty. At 45K I was running down the highway to work and notice the Temp Gauge at H. I turn around and I drive to the exit where I live and where the carmax is also located. Maybe 5 miles? Engine overheats and spews white smoke. Engine needs major repair. The Max Care guys denied my claim saying it was my fault for driving the car hot. 9K and less than 1 year later and I'm stuck. The car has been in the shop since Jan 29th. As of this posting it is now July 14th. Am I up the creek here? Do I have any legal action I could take? CarMax is trying to get the claim reconsidered as we speak, but I am not hopeful. I need help! What did my money buy me here?

Allister Lilburn, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2005 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarMax-Max-Care/Norcross-Georgia-30071/CarMax-Max-Care-Max-Care-ripoff-Norcross-Georgia-149655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarMax & Max Care

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Mazda Original warranty

AUTHOR: Wm - (U.S.A.)

I own a Mazda and I know that the warranty is for 3 yrs and 50000 miles. Is your car older than 3 yrs?

CarMax Charged me for Maintenance on an engine that was beyond repair?

AUTHOR: Allister - (U.S.A.)

Well my car has been transported to another mechanic that I trust. Japanese Motor Sports in Duluth, GA. I had to pay CarMax $550.00 to get my car back and towed to the new Mechanic. They had performed soem work which is understandable. CarMax's quote to fix my car $2800! They claimed they were giving me a break on the new engine.

My Mechanic for the same job quoted me $1800. Makes you wonder. Then I learn that they performed 45K maintencance on the egine even though it was in was inopperable. How do you perform routine maintenace on a blown engine? Wow! This was a real eye opener for me. I won't return to CarMax.

My used cars will come from individuals or from dealer stock of certified vehicles. Shame on CarMax and Shame on Max Care. Who would've thought given the sales people were so nice? This whole thing was out of left field. I did Carfax, Edmunds, MSN, & Caonsumer Reports, all of which said it was a good buy.

I guess I got a hold of the only bad one. Live and Learn.

Max Care I am on my own

AUTHOR: Allister - (U.S.A.)

I got the word today. I am on my own. I need a new engine. Carmax walked away from me. This was my secong car to buy from them, and now it will have been my last. Corporate Office tried to help. No avail. I really feel ripped off here. I called Calrk Howard's team, and they agree I am up the creek as well.