Complaint Review: Carmel Sloan's Lake Apartments

• Updated: Tue, May 14, 2013

• Reported By: SgtJensenUSMC — lakewood Colorado
Carmel Sloan's Lake Apartments
6792 W 19th Pl, Lakewood, CO 80214 Lakewood, Colorado USA

Carmel Sloan's Lake Apartments Not only did we receive over $600.00 in tow fee's while we were living there We got another almost $600.00 bill after leaving. Lakewood Colorado

so I'll make this quick because I have to go to work in a couple of minutes but here's the jist of it. When we first moved in there were no parking restrictions then a couple months in they started to enforce having a parking pass. The downside is that if your friends or family wanted to come over unexpected or unplanned on a sunday you would not be able to accomodate them with parking because the office isn't open, so basically you had to plan your social life around the operating hours of the complex, so after like 3pm on saturday or like 6pm on weekdays or all of sunday if you didn't have a parking pass then you're already screwed, So we ended up with over $600.00 in towing fees. Now this is only the appetizer, here's the main course.

Next they decided to give us almost $600.00 in fees after moving out including painting, floor cleaning etc. Now while this might be the norm (i guess? idk first apartment) they also charged us for a missing door stop which we already had pointed out on our move-in check-list that that item was missing and then they added a bunch of fees that didn't exhist. They said there was MAJOR dry wall repair needed, when infact all we had was a couple of nail or screw holes in the walls where we put up curtains or picture frames, and this is a bold face lie because I personally filled AND painted the holes before we moved out. They only added all of these fees because we didn't have our move-out inspection. Which also was not our fault as by the time we had moved out the office was already closed and they had called us earlier in the day instructing us to put our key in the drop-box in an envelope with our apartment building and apartment#, so we didn't even get a chance to do a move-out inspection.

I am a former Sergeant from the United States Marine Corps. and we kept up the tradition of "field day" which is doing a thurough and deep clean weekly (thursdays) every week. This place was nearly exactly as we had left it, all these fees were phantom fees that they defaulted and put onto us to pay. Do NOt move in here, they are super nice at the door but as soon as you sign that contract they treat you like you're a burden. Anytime I had to go to the office I got a rude "Can I help you?" in a (you're wasting my freaking time) kind of attitude. Even my roommates who have had multiple apartments said this was the worst experience they've ever had.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carmel-Sloans-Lake-Apartments/Lakewood-Colorado-80214/Carmel-Sloans-Lake-Apartments-Not-only-did-we-receive-over-60000-in-tow-fees-while-w-1050923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carmel Sloan's Lake Apartments