Complaint Review: carnival cruise line

• Submitted: Mon, January 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012

• Reported By: mark t — boca raton Florida United States of America
carnival cruise line

carnival cruise line Book your cruise thru a travel agency. Do not book directly especially with personal vacation planner dept. You can get better rates online or thru travel agents. They lie about better pricing! Internet, Internet

I booked 7 cabins thru the personal vacation planner in oct. They never asked if I had seniors and there were senior prices better then what they quoted me. They also offered no credits to cabins unless I booked 8 cabins. I booked 10 cabins by Jan and they never gave the credit they offered in writing. If you book thru travel agency you get  better rates and cabin credits. They also charged a 50 admin fee penalty fee of when I had to cancel a reservation after they said they would not charge the penalty fee, even though I booked 2 more cabins after canceling one out. My nephew could not get off from school. I booked 22 people. Most recently I was told yesterday I could upgrade one of my balcony cabins for 249 more a person and told today I could do it for 243. By the end of the call I was told he made a mistake and it was now 280. They do not offer any value if you book directly. This is second year we have booked family reunion. My sister did it the first year and she hated dealing with the rep. This year I took over and it has been horrible experience. Their website lies by telling you one fare and then tgells you well for that price we cant tell you what room but for bit more we can assign you a room and guarantee a higher floor, but when searching for prices it does not clearly say that. Especially beware of Ed and Jason in the persoanl vacation planning dept.  When you call 800 # no one has any authority to fix any thing. NEVER BOOK DIRECTLY WITH CARNIVAL. ALWAYS BOOK THRU TRAVEL AGENT OR AGENCY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carnival-cruise-line/internet/carnival-cruise-line-Book-your-cruise-thru-a-travel-agency-Do-not-book-directly-especial-827382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on carnival cruise line