Complaint Review: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

• Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By: TonyC — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
Miami, Florida United States of America

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES DO NOT TRUST!!! Get confirmation of everything in writing!!! Miami, Florida

My wife and I prebooked a  New Years Eve cruise with Carnival with full payment due by Oct 16, 2012. We have cruised prior on Carnival and a few times on Royal carribean as well. Prior to the Oct. 16th due date, a customer service rep at Carnival extended my due date to Oct. 26th, 2012

Sometime on Oct 25th or early Oct 26th I called Carnival and spoke to a male customer service rep. Unfortunately I did not get his name. As I was waiting on 2 checks I received to clear, I asked him specifically if it was ok if I made 2 payments on the approx. $2900. balance. I already had $1500. cleared, but did not want to trigger a cancellation by not making the payment all in a lump sum.

He very clearly stated that I could make multiple payments till balance was paid in full, and that the computer would NOT automatically cancel my trip without an email. I asked numerous times, but kept getting reassured that this was ok.

I paid the $1500. online earlier on Friday Oct. 26th, and waitied for my other check to clear. It did, but when I attempted to pay the balance later that night(after 9p PST), I stated to get a "ERROR" page saying that Carnival was having technical difficulty and I could email the technical services department with any questions. Over the weekend, I did email them twice asking how I can pay the $1400. balance and received NO response back. My cruise still showed on my account, so I assumed it was Hurrcane Sandy related.

I get going on Monday, Oct. 29, and still cant get anywhere online, so I call Carnivals 800 number and wait 15 minutes till I get Peta, who informs me that my cruise has been cancelled. I am in shock, as I was assured by a Carnival rep that this could not happen without an email notice first. As I pass up the line to James in Guest Solutions and then to William Gonzalez in a Supervisory department, I am told the only way to reactivate is to pay an additional $273.00. I informed them all that I had more than ample funds that I could show in my account on Friday Oct. 26th, that I had constant communication with them and received no response back whenI was attempting to pay the final $1400.00

My assesment is that Carnival is not customer friendly at all if they get you in a postion to squeeze more money out of you. They just kept blaming me and avoiding any responsibility on their part. I mentioned over and over how I felt completely betrayed by one of their staff for misinforming me and handled completely unprofessionaly.  They were like stone walls. They just wanted the extra money. As I have been in business for myself for over 30 years, with at least 15 years owning restaurants and nightclubs, this is NOT good business. Its not the $273.00, its the principal.

We are frequent travelers and cruisers, and I would recommend the Buyer Beware of CARNIVAL Cruise Line.  DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING UNLESS YOU GET IT IN WRITING FORM THEM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-LINES/Miami-Florida-/CARNIVAL-CRUISE-LINES-DO-NOT-TRUST-Get-confirmation-of-everything-in-writing-Miami-961510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES