respond

• Submitted: Mon, February 10, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, May 04, 2003

• Reported By:Somerset Massachusetts
Carolina Furniture, HR Privette, & Ruth Dodd
940 Carter Drive Calabash, North Carolina U.S.A.

Carolina Furniture, HR Privette, & Ruth Dodd rip-off many promises & lies Calabash North Carolina

*Author of original report: Try having warrants issued in your state & now there is a GRAND OPENING sign!

*Author of original report: Received second small refund

*Author of original report: Received Small refund ..He says that he is trying

We also have been ripped off by Carolina Furniture. Ruth Dodd was our salesperson and sounded so sincere. She even told us that when they delivered our furniture that they would set it up and cut all the boxes for us and leave them at the curb for recycling. So, on June 12th, 2002, we received a letter from Ruth and our contract. We had given her a $100.00 deposit on our credit card and now sent her the remaining deposit in the amount of $3288.50 along with the signed contract. It stated in the contract that it would take 16-18 weeks for delivery.

We started calling the company on Oct. 8, 2002. We were told all the furniture wasn't in, but should be in shortly. We called on November 5, 2002 and were told that they were waiting for the 2 nightstands. On Friday, November 29, 2002, H.R. called and told us that if we were ready for delivery, he'd be calling us on Monday to set up delivery. We said we were, but he never called.

From that point on, We have probably called Carolina furniture more than 100 times. We never get any answers. We were even told 2 weeks ago that H. R. was sending out the check that day. We never received it! We keep hoping, as we have saved for this furniture for over 10 years. It's the first time we would have a matching bedroom set. It really upsets us that he has gotten away with this twice! We are hoping that HR Privette will never open another furniture store anywhere ever again after all of this!

Cindy
Somerset, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2003 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolina-Furniture-HR-Privette-Ruth-Dodd/Calabash-North-Carolina-28467/Carolina-Furniture-HR-Privette-Ruth-Dodd-rip-off-many-promises-lies-Calabash-North-44850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carolina Furniture, HR Privette, & Ruth Dodd

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

Well, I haven't received any more money since I last updated this report. H.R. even e-mailed me a copy of a check that he never ended up sending out. I have been told by someone that I had go by his store that there is a GRAND OPENING sign outside, but no furniture company name.

I feel that I will never receive my money after having waited almost a year, so my husband has had a warrant issued for his arrest in Mass. and that is what I think everyone should do! That way if he gets stopped in any of these states he will be arrested and will have to post bail. I just want him out of business for good now, as he's still telling lies to get people to send him money.

I called on my cell phone saying I was someone looking for furniture prices and a salesman called me back. He told me they had been in business for 20 years and had 20 salespeople working there. He told me I would have my Pennsylvania House furniture in 6-8 weeks. They don't even deal with Penn. House I found out!!! So have those warrants issued, so we can put this man out of business!!

Received second small refund

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

I don't know if I have done anything different than anyone else, but I did receive another small refund of $300.00 in the mail yesterday. However, it's dated for the 14th. I'm just hoping he finds a way to refund all of our money without hurting others. He's tells me he really wants to pay people off and will keep doing so as long as he isn't forced to bankruptcy. I was told by authorities at one point, that he did pay the people back from So. Carolina. I will keep you informed!

Received Small refund ..He says that he is trying

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

H. R. Privette called me on Friday to ask me if I wanted a refund or if I wanted him to have to file bankruptcy. He says that he is trying to pay everyone back there money, but we have to be patient with him or else he'll have to claim bankruptcy and no one will get their money back. I told him I've tried very hard to be patient, but have seen nothing from him and he's had my money since June 2002. I told him if he would send me something, I'd believe that he was trying. He said he would send me a check on Monday. I called Monday & Tuesday and left messages for him. He called Wednesday and told me he sent out a small check. I received $300.00 Thursday. It's not much, but hopefully it's a start. I do think he has gotten himself into a mess and may be trying to pay people back when he can. I told him I just don't want more people to lose money. Hoping we all get our money back, even if it takes time!!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC