respond

Caroline's Towing
7930 Bowen Rd. Palmetto, Georgia USA

Caroline's Towing Corrupt and skirting the law Palmetto Georgia

*Author of original report: Rely to Help Request

*Author of original report: Unless you are a lawyer why the rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Caroline's Towing proven to violate Georgia law

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't really matter

I was driving my son's truck to sell and usually parked in outer area's of parking lots so it was seen.  I shopped at Family Dollar in the shopping center and a friend picked me up for lunch.  When I returned it was gone and I thought it was stolen.  I made a report with the police that same night and went back to the parking lot and saw signs by Caroline's towing.  I called the number immediately and was told he wouldn't answer any questions and I needed to call the next morning.  The next morning I contacted them again and they had the vehicle.  I had to drive a hour each way to get the truck.

After paying the $125 fee I went on their lot and the truck had a bright orange warning sticker saying improper parking and this was a warning.  This wasn't on my truck and I parked it at 11:30am and it was gone at 12:30am without warning.  This was extortion because I couldn't get his truck out without paying and he needed the money for a new vehicle and had just moved to Jacksonville.

On 8/4/13 11:30am Parked the truck at the the Plaza Shopping Center in Roswell

8/4/13 12:30pm vehicle was towed without warning.  Filed a police report later that day.

8/5/13 8am - contacted towing company and they had the vehicle and it would be $125 and had to be picked up by 5pm.

8/5/13 10am (approx) - had to take 2 hours off at work to drive almost an hour to place of business.  Payed the bill and when I got to the truck the warning sticker was on the windshield and it wasn't there previously.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2013 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carolines-Towing-/Palmetto-Georgia-30268/Carolines-Towing-Corrupt-and-skirting-the-law-Palmetto-Georgia-1073140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caroline's Towing

Rely to Help Request

AUTHOR: Sandy - ()

I am more than willing to help in this matter.

Unless you are a lawyer why the rebuttal

AUTHOR: Sandy - ()

I stated the facts regarding my report.  I do not know the law pertaining to this matter but if they aren't required to warn someone why the warning sticker and then towing within the hour?  That's what really made me question their ethics.  Why is it they also run an auto auction and tow older vehicles and not the new ones which were parked in the same parking lot.

Why is a towing company that is 45-60 minutes away towing vehicles back to their lot in Palmetto GA?  I paid $125 to get the truck from their lot and wonder how that equates to a profit when you travel from Palmetto to Roswell and back including employee time, fuel wear & tear.

Caroline's Towing proven to violate Georgia law

AUTHOR: Boscotw - ()

Sandy, I am interested in hearing from you as I had a similar experience with Carolines but with very little research and a few phone calls I was able to get my tractor at no cost, other than the cab fare from Ellenwood. Brenda Hogans, a worker for the State of Georgia Public Service Commission, Regulations Dept, assisted me as a mediator since I was able to prove the method they used to in essence steal my truck was illegal. The signs posted in at the lots are not legal, and I can show at least 2 other things they did that violated the law. I am actually in contact with Dianne Kingston from the Clayton County Prosecuting Attorneys office to have them investigated and your additional contact will probably help us both, and possibly get you your money back.

Doesn't really matter

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

When you park a car and it is in a towable zone, the towing company does NOT obligate to warn or let you know that the car can be towed if you park it there! Even though it may look like they put a warning sign up, it is irrelevant. You are the one who obligates to verify that you may park at that spot.

From your report, I am guessing that you parked the car in the shopping area where the Family Dollar is. You shopped in the store and left the area afterward to have lunch with your friend. Because you disappear from the area without taking your car, it is legal for the towing company to tow your car because the parking is only for those who come to shop. If you shop there and stay in the area all the time but your car got towed, then it is illegal. I know that it is heartless, but technically you have no cause. Everybody has to eat...

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC