1. On the 30th October we visited the retail outlet in question and paid a deposit for the flooring of our bathroom, nursery and lounge. During the consultation we were lead to believe by the manager that the price we paid included everything, including the fitting of said flooring.
2. We were then, as expected, visited by a colleague who measured the rooms and said we had overpaid and were due to be reimbursed some money. He did not say that this sum would only be reimbursed after all the work was completed. It was organised that day that the fitters would come to fit the flooring on the 15/11 in the morning.
3. On the 15/11 as we had not heard anything by 10 am we rang the branch and it was implied that we were making the time that the team were meant to come fit the carpets up. The fitters were then arranged to arrive early afternoon.
4. We were very unimpressed by the fitting teams quality of work! They were asked specifically by my fianc not too unscrew the bathroom door & nursery door from their doorframes and just lift them off their hinges instead. They still unscrewed them and then did not proceed to put the doors back when they left. They damaged the paintwork in the bathroom removing the door, left carpet cuttings and vinyl remnants all over the floor and in the bath when they left and finally did not vacuum up the newly laid carpet despite a layer of black dust on it. They also left nails, tape and metal door strips all over the floors. This lack of pride in their work and poor workmanship was not a good advert for the company!
5. Finally, we were asked for fitting costs . As stated when we originally visited the store we were lead to believe that what we paid upfront covered everything from materials to labour.
6. We arranged for the carpet in the lounge to be fitted on the 9th of December. We were told we were first on the morning list twice by staff. By lunchtime and still no fitters having arrived we complained and the fitter then called to say he would try to make it by 2 pm otherwise we can arrange for someone else to fit it on Saturday 10th as he finished work at 6pm!
Where is peoples professionalism ans self pride in their work? The company in question have not replied to our letter of complaint from the fitting of the nursey and bathroom so I have copied it to the Headquarters.