Complaint Review: carrentals.com

• Updated: Fri, October 18, 2013

• Reported By: jacksonjo — Jackson Wyoming
carrentals.com
Jasckson, Wyoming USA

carrentals.com and Dollar car rental Complete bait and switich - thieves Jasckson Wyoming

I rented a car on the carrentals.com website for a quick business trip as my car was being repaired.  Got an awesome online rate with unlimited miles with Dollar.  Went to pick up the vehicle and was told that since I was not a deplaning passenger (this agency is NOT at the airport - it is in town in Jackson Hole, WY), the rate would be higher and I would be charged .29 per mile. Nowhere on the reservation did it state that.  In order to find this policy you had to click on a difficult to find button with all of the fine print.  Since this would have more than tripled the rental cost, I declined and went to Thrifty Car Rental in Jackson Hole, WY where they gave me a great rate and unlimited miles.

Dollar would not budge and when I tried to contact carrentals.com to complain I couldn't find a phone number.  I sent an email to these people and they have been having a running dialog with me arguing that the Dollar agency IS at the airport and no matter how hard I have tried to explain, they simply don't get it and don't care.  Then the online agent said I could have clicked on JACKSON,MI and gone on the drop down menu to find an IN TOWN location.  Even though the agent had stated our airport code (JAC) to me several times, somehow they thought I was in Michigan.

I believe this is a complete "bait and switch" scam.  They sold me a rate without being honest on the policies and then wanted to jack the rate up on me. Since I declined to rent at this exhorbitant rate and cancelled at the agency, they are now charging me a day rental on a vehicle.

This carrentals,com AND Dollar car rental have absolutely no idea what acceptable customer service is.  I will NEVER use either company again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carrentalscom/Jasckson-Wyoming-83001/carrentalscom-and-Dollar-car-rental-Complete-bait-and-switich-thieves-Jasckson-Wyoming-1092819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on carrentals.com