Complaint Review: carrentals.com

• Submitted: Fri, November 11, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 11, 2011

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Houston Texas Virgin Islands (US)
carrentals.com

carrentals.com deceptive, poor customer service, false advertising Internet

I rented a 7 passenger car from carrentals.com and called the rental company to confirm my reservation, I was told that I actually rented a 5 passenger car. I contacted carrentals.com and explained that on their website they advertise a 7 passenger car, but it is actually a 5 passenger car. They told me that there was an error on the website and they they were sorry and there was nothing they could do. I e-mailed them proof of my reservation and requested that they honor my reservation and provide me with a 7 passenger car, they responded saying that they contacted the rental company- Budget- and that there were no 7 passenger cars available in the area I was renting my car. I called Budget and was informed that yes, they have a 7 passenger car where I am staying. I provided them with the name of the person I spoke with and requested the name of the person they spoke with at Budget and they couldn't give me the name- I also provided them with the make and model of teh 7 passenger van that Budget rents in the area I am visiting. I then sent them a screen shot of their website still improperly advertising a 7 passenger van for rent 24 hours after I initially e-mailed them. They still have not honored my reservation for a 7 passenger van. They are honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with and you can only e-mail them, they do not have a phone number published.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2011 06:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/carrentalscom/internet/carrentalscom-deceptive-poor-customer-service-false-advertising-Internet-797018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on carrentals.com